No announcement yet.

Volvo K24 turbo in audi application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billman, you are forgetting that 'map multiplication' is in effect on the VE table. the fuel injected with a VE of 100 at 100kpa is not the same as the fuel injected at 200kpa at the same rpm (unless you've done something like setup alpha-n mode).
    Marc Swanson
    Proprietor, EFI Express
    95.5 //S6 Avant
    90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
    93' //S4
    83' UrQ
    97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

• Yes however this map seems very wrong to me and far from everything I saw till now.
      See that at 2 bar i.e. he has 108 from 700 RPM till 8500 RPM.

In comparison my to my old full ADU spec map.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Billman; 9 December 2011, 00:55.
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
        Yes however this map seems very wrong to me and far from everything I saw till now.
        See that at 2 bar i.e. he has 108 from 700 RPM till 8500 RPM.

In comparison my to my old full ADU spec map.
        most cars will actually have the VE go down with increasing rpm, due to cams losing oomph up top. especially stock AAN cams.
        Marc Swanson
        Proprietor, EFI Express
        95.5 //S6 Avant
        90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
        93' //S4
        83' UrQ
        97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

• 1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

• Originally posted by a4kquattro View Post
            most cars will actually have the VE go down with increasing rpm, due to cams losing oomph up top. especially stock AAN cams.
            So you think that it was something else and not a lean condition that led to it? He said it happened between 5000-6000RPM.

This value represents not the "actual" VE value so maybe the cams loose omph but the engine still needs the cooling effect.

Unfortunately the log he posted doesn't show boost above 1.3 bar.
            Last edited by Billman; 9 December 2011, 07:37.
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• when i look at my older megatune and early vemstune setups i notice that on the 3071R turbo i did have to reduce the VE table after 6500rpm slightly as the mixture was becoming too rich. From idle to full boost (2bar) i can see about almost 40 values difference with my 630cc injectors on the 3076 but only about 28 values difference on my 3071.

So when eyeballing that VE table it may not seem entirely wrong.

However when one sees the log, i can say that actual lamda to target is always leaner. Even if the values were set initially somehow there was no provision of seeing IF those values are still working under many or all circomstances. I cannot believe that a VE value of 108 can be used similarly from 1.9bar to 2.6bar of boost. There was no provision in this map to get the map a bit richer on onset of boost, time where the knock is more prominent to happen!.

I run much more timing and boost from ruf. Why mine doesnt it knock?

This leaves me to believe that i cannot personally exclude a mechanical fault, bad fuel batch, in conjuction with a map that has NO safety features whatsoever.

Let ruf. take the head off and look for possible injector/ spark plug failure etc as well.

Comment

• I think we all have to wait and see when the new engine is in. If with the same map it stays ok then I was wrong.

Joking aside I hope he gets down to it so that such problem will be avoided. With high HP there is always increased risk of a failure.

Even a brand new toyota 1.6 engine blow a rod through the block.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• 600 crank Nm does not bend rods. Extreme cylinder pressures during knock does bend rods.
                  -

Comment

• David,

I've not got anything helpful to add... but this sucks! Welcome to the 'I put a rod through my block club'

Hope you get the car back up and running again soon, and figure out what the cause was. I'm sure you will have some ideas when you open the lid on that engine.

For what it's worth, my RS2 ran with 404ft/lb crank on the stock rods for 70,000 miles. In the mean time, look forward to the 'failed engine' and 'rebuilt engine' pics

Cheers
                    Ross
                    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Let's not forget that Dave's dyno was with much higher ambient temps (it has been well below 0°C in UT). If this caused a lean condition or just too much torque is difficult to say.
                      1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

• Originally posted by Mcstiff View Post
                        Let's not forget that Dave's dyno was with much higher ambient temps (it has been well below 0°C in UT). If this caused a lean condition or just too much torque is difficult to say.
                        No, it's not difficult to say. This is a baby turbo with baby torque.
                        You could have ran a stock turbo and done the same. Nothing to do with torque here.
                        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                          Nothing to do with torque here.

Hmm, afaik torque is the measure of force acting on an object. Regardless of the source some force bent the rod
                          1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

• This fuel map needs to be changed AT LEAST that much, then the lambda would be about 0.83 as was the target lambda:
                            Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
                            10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
                            FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

Hmm, afaik torque is the measure of force acting on an object. Regardless of the source some force bent the rod
                              Take the piss now will you
                              You know what I meant.
                              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Actually you are wrong, torque or (moment of a force ) is a measurement of rotational force, IE the tendency of a force to rotate an object about it's axis.

It was actually compressive force that bent the rod.
                                In an engine it is compressive force from the piston through the conrod that is turned into rotational force ( torque ) by the crank, so it is not actually torque that bent the rod.
                                When knock occurs the cylinder pressure can go up by 500% over normal, and the
                                compressive force generated bends the rod, or repeated knock slowly work hardens it
                                until it fails.

Comment

Working...
                                X