No announcement yet.

Stroker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting close. Thanks for all the pictures, always interesting.

Methanol

http://www.chemiphase.co.uk/methanol...-virgin-grade/
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I am drawn to the EFR6758 I must say for 2.2T application... cannot see an option for an external WG though - obviously that is easier to package but I like the flexibility that an external WG provides.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

It's a external wastgate efr6758 that I'm using with v band in and out. I made an adapter to go from the t3 flanged manifold to the v band turbine inlet. It would be easy enough to make a kkk to v band adapter too. Easier even.

It's the 0.8 ar housing. The maps do look good but I like the garret gtx2867r compressor map too. The turbine is better on the efr though with its magic titanium aluminiumide thing wheels.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Comment

Update. I got the engine running at the weekend. I had a oil leak at the filter housing to block flange that I had to sort out but other than that all is good. I spent some time tidying water hoses etc and tonight plan on getting the front of the car back together. I need to do a bit of work on getting the intake system and air box fitted.

Comment

Quick update. It drives. Gearbox good. Engine good. Bit between not so much. I have clutch slip at 2 bar boost. The clutch is real light. Like a yaris or something. I need a stiffer pressure plate.

Also I have vems trigger issues which stop me running over 4500rpm. I need to check the gap on the crank sensors.

Some numbers. I connected the boost valve last night. It gets 0.5 bar at 2k rpm, 1 bar at 2.5k rpm and over 2 bar by 2.8k rpm. That causes it to slip the clutch again. So have it wound off to 1.5 bar but it spikes and hunts a bit. Need to dial the pid settings in. But as I plan on 2 bar boost I might not bother.
            Will take it a long run today to get a few miles on it. 50 miles now...

Comment

Pic. Still some tiding to do too.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                Some numbers. I connected the boost valve last night. It gets 0.5 bar at 2k rpm, 1 bar at 2.5k rpm and over 2 bar by 2.8k rpm. That causes it to slip the clutch again. So have it wound off to 1.5 bar but it spikes and hunts a bit. Need to dial the pid settings in. But as I plan on 2 bar boost I might not bother.
                Will take it a long run today to get a few miles on it. 50 miles now...

That's some impressive spool you've got there!! I bet the mid-range torque is going to be massive once you've fully mapped it.

Have a word with Kit Simmonds, he's found a place in Germany that has the SRE clutch in stock for the 3B flywheel, he's ordered on this week, good price too
                sigpic
                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                  That's some impressive spool you've got there!! I bet the mid-range torque is going to be massive once you've fully mapped it.

Have a word with Kit Simmonds, he's found a place in Germany that has the SRE clutch in stock for the 3B flywheel, he's ordered on this week, good price too
                  I have indeed, give these guys a try, Sparepartstore24.co.uk, they list the two parts seperatly as oppossed to a kit, comes out at around £450 which I think is a little more than what I said yesterday but still not too bad and delivery is free.

Nice meet you yesterday as well Andy
                  1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                  1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                  1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                  1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks guys. Ordered the sre pressure plate from Sparepartstore24.co.uk for less than 250 delivered. Might summons the interest and time to change it next week end if it's here by then.

Have about 250 miles on the car now. I'm using uprated engine mounts which have a swapable rubber part. It came with a 2 compounds and I tried the harder ones first. They are a bit harsh as at low rpm there is a fair bit of vibration in the car. I will change these to the softer ones when I do the clutch.

So I hope to get a chance some night this week to measure the gap between the crank pin sensor and the pin on the flywheel. I will then grind the bracket down to leave a max gap of 1 mm. That should sort my false trigger errors and misfiring above 4.5k rpm. If it doesn't I will beef up the pin when I'm doing the clutch.

But on my drive today I can't say I missed not being able to rev the car as it makes real strong torque. If only the clutch would hold it...

Comment

Awesome news!

Would love to see some vids of the speedometer when you get a chance.
                      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                      2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                      2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                      1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                      1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Pm me your email as what your asking for isn't for Web consumption... lol

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                          I'm using uprated engine mounts which have a swapable rubber part. It came with a 2 compounds and I tried the harder ones first.
                          by who are manufactured those ? maybe link is available or pics ?
                          and what wastegate you're using ?

Comment

I got them from a guy in the states. I think he hangs out on projectpad forum. I can't find his email address at the moment.

It's a stock wastgate. They are about as reliable as they come and are fine with this turbo size and even bigger.

Cheers des

Comment

Engine mount link.

http://TheProjectPad.com/viewtopic.p...4+engine+mount

Comment

big Thanks for your replies

Comment

Working...
                                X