No announcement yet.

Stroker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure it's just a chip and a few other components buts it's something else to do. It would be nice to have knock control working. If nothing else it's a confidence thing.

Comment

• It's for the rolling road tomorrow. I also have the bits to make a better flowing exhaust with a twin 2.5 inch system from the downpipe back with a valve that I can close at low boost to make the system run on 1 2.5 inch pipe then open up on boost for both pipes.

On my mates test route the car is 5 mph faster than a chrysler 300 v8 srt so it can move. We did discover that if you preform an emergency start and accelerate hard to say 100 then brake with the abs engaged the oil pressure falls away. So I need to conform how much oil I have in the engine as the custom dip stick is hard to read. How much oil should be in a stroker? Think I have just over 4 l , should I have closer to 5l?

Comment

• Its 4.5l for an oil change on an S2 (I assume that leaves some in the engine/oil cooler etc), so I would expect you to need slightly more?

With a larger oil cooler/longer lines my s2 took over 5l IIRC.
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• First run it actually made 455 bhp but a bit of heat soak brought that back. Did get more torque though with extra timing and boost in the mid range. Nice flat power curve too. Goal was 500 ft lb and 450bhp so it's just about right.

This was on normal asda unleaded. Tried to get a power run on lpg but the lpg system has threw a wobbler ffs. Won't change to lpg at all. The guys could of damaged a cable to the vapouriser when they were strapping it down don't know. Must get a look when I get home.

This was on my new exhaust system. It's way too loud at 3k rpm. I haven't fitted the valve to shut one 2.5 inch pipe down yet. The new system has 0.25 bar back pressure vs the 0.5 bar the other system had. Was working on it last night through to 6 am this morning. I'm busted and am going home to bed!

Original "restrictive" system

Comment

• Making 300 hp before 3400 rpm. I did get him to do a slower ramp rate on one test and it made more power and torque down low but no more up top.

Comment

• Oh and the oil issue was my silly dip stick setup. I had made a **** of it and basicly only had 3 l of oil in the engine. Put another dipstick setup on it and refilled with 4.5 l. No oil blew out breather on rolling road.

Comment

• so in the end from which engine you are using tube for oil dipstick and oil dipstick itself ?

Comment

• The Power curve looks like you've max'ed the turbo

Comment

• Over 400 bhp from 4000 rpm to the limiter at 7400 rpm shows how wide and usefull the power is. Yep I think the turbo is maxed out but that was the plan as the engine can take it and that gives the widest possible power curve.

The dipstick tube is custom bent stainless steel tube bent to fit the taller block and intake manifold. The dipstick itself is from a tdi ael engine.

Comment

• but original AEL dipstick tube wouldn't do the job ? or you had to make a new one just because intake manifold ?

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                        Over 400 bhp from 4000 rpm to the limiter at 7400 rpm shows how wide and usefull the power is.
                        Nice results. Will have to get a ride in it next time, instead of trying to follow you, in a futile manner, in the dark from the last meet in the park.

Comment

• The ael dipstick tube hit the throttle body so had to go. No problem macspring when's the next gtg? Being able to rev above 4 k rpm and 1 bar boost might also have gave me an advantage since last time when I had my crank sensor issues and boost control issues.

Comment

• Exhaust updates.

So after test drive I'm impressed. I have it rigged to a boost switch so when it's over about 1 bar boost the valve opens. It's definitely quieter on idle and up to 2 k rpm and from 3 k rpm up than my original exhaust! There is still a slight drone at around 2.5 k rpm but it's way less than before. In fact while there is a slight peak in noise at about 2.5 k rpm I don't think it's louder than the original setup as I can have the radio a fair bit lower. I wouldn't of said the original exhaust was loud. The wife will be the best test in terms of noise.

Comment

• Did you make this butterfly valve yourself ? I can't find the 3" one ....

Comment

• No I got it from eBay. 171473916236

Comment

Working...
                                X