No announcement yet.

Stroker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what I'm thinking is if this setup of auxiliaries like it is on your engine (except power steering pump) would fit into S2/RS2 engine bay I mean of course it would fit but question is about Main radiator and AC condenser inside engine bay at original place .....

Comment

• I just don't know what it would be like space wise.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nope. 20VT with AAN intake manifold inside little chassis, T81, T85, T89 or B4, will not work with radiator at original place. You at least have to place the radiator angular, or change it to a smaller and deeper one. Or take another IM. If it is that, what you're meaning

Comment

• it is possible but you need adapt some things
          i have a typ85 with AAN 20vt and a big alu radiator on the same place
          i modefied the AAN intake and the left chassis leg
          Attached Files
          audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
          TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

• what I see from photo typ85 has less space in engine bay than B4.
            I don't see the need to modify intake, but regarding chassis leg it is interesting,
            will see when engine will go back into the car.
            The best for me would be to keep A/C compressor at its original place (probably better to say - side) but don't have idea how to do that ...

P.S. I hope I'm not messing up this thread

Comment

• Very nice numbers Des, Im very glad its worked as planned too, its nice to see something youve had a minor hand in work out so well.

Got any more plans for it or are you scared into being satisfied now?

Comment

• Thanks Tony. The head you did for me was a work of art and i appreciate the effort you went to with the oversized valve seats to go with the new valves.

I'm happy with the way the car drives. It has such a useful power band that doesn't need high rpm to find.

Now if I could sort the leaking gearbox out the car would be mechanically 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by Quattronaut View Post
                  My girlfriend likes the turbopunch :-) sometimes she´s looking a bit weird, when I´m braking little late behind other cars, but when I hit the floor on free road, she "Yiehaaaas"´s like a Kid running around a christmas tree
                  I behave myself on motorways and A roads but my step son laughs like a drain from his car seat in the back when I accelerate quickly. My other half trusts my driving after I took her for a rapid, road legal and very precise excursion through the twisty roads in the mountains of the South Island in NZ. So she's OK with it too.

Comment

• My wife is too nervous since she spun her mini on a wet road...

Comment

• any idea if your turbo would fit in rs2 with stock airbox???

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                        any idea if your turbo would fit in rs2 with stock airbox???
                        It should.

Any of the b2 frames, up to 7163 should fit fine.
                        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• As long as your manifold is stock ish shape and size it should fit ok.

Comment

• good to hear that i think im going that route on my stroker build to..

7163 is to big for stock position?

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                              good to hear that i think im going that route on my stroker build to..

7163 is to big for stock position?

If the stock pistons in an RS2 are similar to the AAN pistons, you should be good for ~550awhp before the ring lands are likely to give way.

So... you may be near the limit, depending on fuel and if you're running w/m injection.
                              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                              2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                              2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                              1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                              1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• It will be a my daily drive so no crazy stuff.. [emoji23] I got forged internals..

Comment

Working...
                                X