Stroker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroker build

So I have been wanting to build a stroker for a long time for my urs4 and also my urq. I started gathering up parts for the last few years and started the build on 1 engine for my daily urs4. When I say daily, what I mean is I drive it at the weekends mostly and sometimes during the week. It does 7 to 10 K miles per year. I drive a van/jeep during the week for work. The urs4 runs on lpg autogas and has a stock ish engine with a garrett Gtx2867r on a rs2 manifold, 630cc petrol injectors, 3 inch exhaust, 600 x 300 x 75 mm intercooler and vems for an ecu. It has a South bend clutch and a v8 s4 gearbox at the moment which is noisy.

Want I want is a engine that makes more low down grunt. I'm not looking for big top end bhp numbers. The idea was a bigger capacity engine and a small ish turbo is the way forward for a fun car to drive. If I'm making mid 4xx bhp then the car will be plenty fast enough. If I come up against something that pulls out and leaves this on the motorway, then I would need something like 600 bhp to stick with it, and I couldn't drive that sort of compromise in a urs4 as a daily. But the Urq build will be different

Anyhow I got a 140bhp tdi engine ael I think and used that as a donor. I was trying not to spend a fortune so the plan was to use as many stock non custom parts.

So I will post a few pictures next.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Im listening intently to this thread as im after a 600hp stroker for my S2 toy as I also have a mk2 golf which I do 25k a year in. Similar to your S2 though it will probably do 5-6k a year

Comment

TDi block

Wossner 9a turbo 82.5mm pistons

Comment

Measuring piston volume for cr calculations

Ported and polished head with supertech valves

Modified tdi block with steel welded to cover a head passage and skimmed and painted.

Comment

Bearings, rs2 splutter type.

IE 159mm rods, rifle drilled with Wossner pistons

Measuring and setting ring gaps

Comment

Nice, I really fancy doing one of these, been thinking about it since Pisobiker's project way back when

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Very nice more please

Comment

Engine and head bolted together with m12 12.9 cap heads. Also used 12.9 cap heads in the mains

Vernier cam pulley with wheel for can sensor.

The ventilation system I'm using

Efr turbo

Sachs racing clutch. Won't fit ffs

Correct spec pressure plate against wrong sachs. Any idea what the sachs clutch is for?

I'm using a 3b flywheel.

Comment

Clutch bolted up

Engine and rs2 box

I'm now looking at the timing belt. The 151 tooth belt I'm using is a bit slacker than I would like. So I'm wanting a rs2 150 tooth belt that no longer exists or I'm going to increase the size of the 3b oil pump idler.

That's were I'm at now...

Cheers des

Comment

This should help to ID the clutch:
                    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...4&postcount=50

Comment

Cheers looks like it's a pressure plate for a race clutch on an ABY. Anyone want to buy or swap for a 3b pressure plate?

Comment

Nice looking buildup. Did you use assembly lube on the rings?
                        Interested in some more info on the EFR turbo, last I saw they had not done a hotside without wastegate provision in the midrange units?
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yep assembly lube on all the bits. Plan is cheap oil to run it upto temp on first startup, then change oil and filter and put 15/40 Dino oil in for the first 1k miles then fully synthetic oil from then on.

The turbo is an efr 6758 with external gate .85 exhaust housing. It's v band in and out. It's actually an ex indy car turbo. I bought 2 of them from a race team in the USA. The compressor on these are rated for 500hp and the turbine is the fancy titanium aluminide job. Should be interesting. I'm using a wagner t3 type exhaust manifold and have a made a t3 to vband adapted to get the turbo on.

The original plan was to use the Gtx2867r I have, but I reckon the efr should have the edge. Again I'm interested in response and grunt. I want over 500 ft /lb torque....

Last edited by diesel des; 31 August 2014, 14:35.

Comment

Turbo pics

The oil and water lines have been modded since these pics. Water lines in 12mm stainless bent to fit. Silicone used to join the 12mm stainless away from the turbo and manifold so they don't get cooked.

Comment

i DO like this !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X