This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim_Coupe View Post
    Whiteline fit 3B yepp... or hmm what do you mean ?

I think the thread is about Coupe FARB in Rear on an S2..

sorry about that I read to fast the title ...

I'll open new post for my question
    91' S2 3B Pearl White

Comment

• Another way of mounting the old style short droplink front arb to the rear, but mounting it to the struts. I had not seen this before.

Cut off the BJ from a droplink, thread and put it through the bush

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=18308889

What is the effect of mounting the same arb, but linked to the struts, or the wishbone?
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• I would guess that setup would be stiffer if the bars were the same diameter due to less of a lever to twist the bar. I'll get my RARB pics put in here for reference if I remember.

Comment

• Not much difference in it, the arb mounts to the wishbone and exerts more force because of the shorter lever but has less travel, whereas the strut has more travel but is further from the pivot so exerts less force. I think AndyC worked it out to be about equal in the scheme of things
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• That's how Doug did it, I'm sure there's a link right at the start. The issue is that the strut mounts are not that strong, so putting this setup on ripped one of Doug's off. Best to mount to the wishbones IMO.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Bumping this back up because it's a great resource and I have some questions

So I'm currently fitting a setup I pieced together some years ago for a sedan onto my lastest coupe. It is an RS2 front bar and a 25mm arm mounted FARB from a late /89 built 90 which still retained the 2 bolt arms and arm mounted bar.

I had this on my 90 years ago, but never had a chance to drive the car much with it before the 7A died.

If I'm looking at it right this bar is what some 20x the stock bar?

TIA
              Sean
              91 CQ Elanor 1.9L compound Turbo build. Fully built internals, full race oval port head, custom race cam. GT2256v and hy35 in compounds.

Comment

• This thread is GOLD and I can't thank you guys enough

I have an aby coupe with kwv1 suspension

I followed this thread and got myself a front anti roll bar of an audi 80 cabriolet with bushes and clamps (rusty helped me find the right one where the ends look hooked)

Took aby rear anti roll bar off swapped struts over left to right right to left

The cabriolet roll bar bolted straight up with standard aby drop links no mods needed at all as mentioned above

Just thought I'd post up letting you know this works with kwv1 aswell as the other suspension variants mentioned

Ps don't comment on the appearance of the underside being a bit on the rough side haha ... not had chance to have it in the body shop or rear 4 pots on yet!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Awesome

Comment

• Holy **** you're alive!
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Holy **** you're alive!
                      .... and happy to see the forum still going for now I'm just a stalker though

Comment

• Good to see you are still stalking the threads.
                        You still got your CQ dude?
                        Last edited by Error404; 7 April 2018, 00:09.
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by betterwith4 View Post
                          This thread is GOLD and I can't thank you guys enough

I have an aby coupe with kwv1 suspension

I followed this thread and got myself a front anti roll bar of an audi 80 cabriolet with bushes and clamps (rusty helped me find the right one where the ends look hooked)

Took aby rear anti roll bar off swapped struts over left to right right to left

The cabriolet roll bar bolted straight up with standard aby drop links no mods needed at all as mentioned above

Just thought I'd post up letting you know this works with kwv1 aswell as the other suspension variants mentioned

Ps don't comment on the appearance of the underside being a bit on the rough side haha ... not had chance to have it in the body shop or rear 4 pots on yet!

Nice work, what is the clearance like on the wishbone ? I had seen references to it being quite tight at full suspension travel.
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Clearance looked very good nothing touches at all HOWEVER Iv been for a drive and have noticed a very minor knock while going over speed bumps... now I'm going to check it over in a couple weeks time as I'm going away now and car is being picked up for all exhaust redoing (previous owner very bad job) and I'll recheck clearances while on the floor and double check everything's tight should be a minor thing hopefully

Highly recommend doing this with 25mm bar like I have and stock s2 front handles an absolute dream !

Comment

• If it's the drive shaft or the wishbone, a cut, sleeved and welded up drop link will do you fine!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69
                                If it's the drive shaft or the wishbone, a cut, sleeved and welded up drop link will do you fine!
                                Yh I know mate but was trying the standard drop links with my kwv1 suspension as no one has yet I'll move onto shorter links once Iv tried all options so if someone else uses v1 suspension the info will also be here with the rest of it

In the mean time does anyone fancy making me up a set just incase haha

Comment

Working...
                                X