Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

    Comment


    • Looks good.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Wr Ur Quattro in restoration
      S2 Coupe getting a tidy up

      Comment


      • Looks good, sounds ****, cassette?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

        Comment


        • I used a guitar string to remove the phone antenna.



          Left no marks at all.

          My drivers door has dropped.

          I gather you take these bolts out and adjust using allen key.


          Which way do you turn to raise the door?
          Tried both ways and only seems to get worse!


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Wr Ur Quattro in restoration
          S2 Coupe getting a tidy up

          Comment


          • The doors can be adjusted in all 3 axis - quite a PITA to adjust. The latch can also be adjusted in 2 axis. I would first see if you can lift the door at the rear as this will indicate if the hinge is worn, this is common due to the weight of the doors. If so replace the hinges first. With regards adjustment, my suggestion is to adjust iteratively, one step at a time.
            To pick the rear of the door up, wind in the top hinge hex adjuster and/or wind out the lower one. In order to adjust them, you need to loosen the forward hinge mounting bolt. To do that without destroying the paint on the wing trailing edge you really need to remove the wing or modify an obstruction spanner.
            Good luck. It’s satisfying when you get it spot on
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              The doors can be adjusted in all 3 axis - quite a PITA to adjust. The latch can also be adjusted in 2 axis. I would first see if you can lift the door at the rear as this will indicate if the hinge is worn, this is common due to the weight of the doors. If so replace the hinges first. With regards adjustment, my suggestion is to adjust iteratively, one step at a time.
              To pick the rear of the door up, wind in the top hinge hex adjuster and/or wind out the lower one. In order to adjust them, you need to loosen the forward hinge mounting bolt. To do that without destroying the paint on the wing trailing edge you really need to remove the wing or modify an obstruction spanner.
              Good luck. It’s satisfying when you get it spot on
              Thanks Alex. I will give it a go in the morning. Beer o'clock now

              BTW. Have you still got a contact in Belgium for Beker radios? Was reading your thread from a couple of years ago.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Wr Ur Quattro in restoration
              S2 Coupe getting a tidy up

              Comment


              • Maybe, it’s been a few years now. I will PM you his contact info
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  Maybe, it’s been a few years now. I will PM you his contact info
                  Thanks mate
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Wr Ur Quattro in restoration
                  S2 Coupe getting a tidy up

                  Comment


                  • Door sorted.
                    Fiddly job. I used a length of wood under the door and jack so I could adjust the door whilst it was in the right position.



                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Wr Ur Quattro in restoration
                    S2 Coupe getting a tidy up

                    Comment


                    • Hinges were ok? No slop when trying to lift the door from the other end?
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

                      Comment


                      • Yes, there was a small amount of play. Are new hinges still available?
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Wr Ur Quattro in restoration
                        S2 Coupe getting a tidy up

                        Comment


                        • upper yes lower are nla
                          http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Selec...IER&model=0001

                          Comment


                          • Usually passenger side hinges are in better condition. Maybe someone who is breaking, have a good ones.
                            Both side use same hinges, just flipped the other way.
                            1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                            1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M2ki View Post
                              Usually passenger side hinges are in better condition. Maybe someone who is breaking, have a good ones.
                              Both side use same hinges, just flipped the other way.
                              Good to know. Cheers
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Wr Ur Quattro in restoration
                              S2 Coupe getting a tidy up

                              Comment


                              • I found a nice Becker. Red display to!



                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Wr Ur Quattro in restoration
                                S2 Coupe getting a tidy up

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X