No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so I was not actually able to get the OE pipe so ended up with some 10mm silicone. I ordered the pipe and a full set of Norma stainless pipe clips from Merlin motorsports at about 3pm. They arrived in the post the next morning. Excellent service from them. I am still waiting for the thermostat, ordered the same day from another supplier.
    Both pipes fitted, new clips and new crush washers on the banjo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Probably 15 years ago this very pipe failed after arriving at a train care facility and the engineering team there replaced it in about an hour with a high pressure hydraulic hose from the transformer rectifier assembly on a Bombardier Electrostar.

I’ve recently been poking about around the MFTS and PCV on the left side of the block and the pipe, whatever the material is, looks as good as the day it went in.
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• I actually had some of that pipe knocking about (tractor usage) but was frightened to use it as it's only heat rated to 100c. I should be good for a few years now
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• New thermostat arrived. A bit late but I saved about £25 over buying one from Audi.

And fitted

I nearly did the school boy error and put the seal in before the thermostat!

Interesting that the old one was a Febi and marked 80c (worked fine) but this new one which is the OE one is 87c.

Now to get the rad back. After tea break I think.

Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• All finished.
            Flushed twice and new coolant.
            Nice test drive and no leaks (so far).
            Thermometer is settled just above the 90c.

Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Just back from my own little grand tour.
              Up to Brentwood in Essex on Friday morning to stay with my brother. I thought I would leave early to miss the afternoon traffic but sat stationary for 40 minutes on the M25 after an accident.
              265 fault free miles. 34mpg
              On Sunday, my brother and I headed up to Audis in the park. We left early and the roads were quiet. It was my brothers first ride in an S2. I warmed her up nicely and opened her up. "Wow, she really pulls you into your seat" my brother comments! Hang on, I haven't done wot yet! My brother is speechless when I really put my foot down.
              nice day at AITP and we leave about 3pm. A round trip of just under 200 miles and the old girl is running sweetly. 33 mpg
              During the afternoon, I spotted an RS2 downpipe and exhaust on Facebook marketplace. It's in Worcester but I can make a detour. I make a cheeky offer and it's accepted!
              Monday morning, I set the sat nav for Worcester and off I go. A quick stop in Banbury to check on my Ur paint progress, then collect the exhaust. The Sat Nav is 're programmed for home and 3 hours later in home. 311 miles 34 mpg.
              I just checked the oil and water and we are all good. She just needs a wash now

Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                  Just back from my own little grand tour.
                  Up to Brentwood in Essex on Friday morning to stay with my brother. I thought I would leave early to miss the afternoon traffic but sat stationary for 40 minutes on the M25 after an accident.
                  265 fault free miles. 34mpg
                  On Sunday, my brother and I headed up to Audis in the park. We left early and the roads were quiet. It was my brothers first ride in an S2. I warmed her up nicely and opened her up. "Wow, she really pulls you into your seat" my brother comments! Hang on, I haven't done wot yet! My brother is speechless when I really put my foot down.
                  nice day at AITP and we leave about 3pm. A round trip of just under 200 miles and the old girl is running sweetly. 33 mpg
                  During the afternoon, I spotted an RS2 downpipe and exhaust on Facebook marketplace. It's in Worcester but I can make a detour. I make a cheeky offer and it's accepted!
                  Monday morning, I set the sat nav for Worcester and off I go. A quick stop in Banbury to check on my Ur paint progress, then collect the exhaust. The Sat Nav is 're programmed for home and 3 hours later in home. 311 miles 34 mpg.
                  I just checked the oil and water and we are all good. She just needs a wash now
                  When I used to use mine for work hauling up and down the M25/40/42/M6 and back between Sussex, Polmadie, Manchester, Liverpool and Oxley it’d always be 34mpg or thereabouts. Fantastic when you bear up in mind the age and performance your conducting. They really are awesome.
                  93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Great mileage Dave

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like your engine bedded in nicely

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                        34 mpg.
                        That's not too shabby

Comment

• I saw an advert for an unknown make RS2 exhaust and downpipe. Took a chance but it was cheap. Got it home and it’s only a genuine downpipe and full cat back 3” Milltek!

I need to do a small repair then it’s going on.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Good gamble

Comment

• That's worth few quid, I hope you did not pay too much.
                              sigpic_________
                              Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by robo View Post
                                That's worth few quid, I hope you did not pay too much.
                                lol… It’s Dave…
                                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X