No announcement yet.

Audi RS2 -94 Swe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today i sanded down the primer and put some coats of medium shiny black on the block. The black will be less shiny when dried up. A hell to get paint in every corner and shape of the block, but at least i think i covered it all. Helsps alot with gray primer. Oil pump is just there to cover the surface, will use my original pump later wich will be painted like the rest of the aluminium parts. Well not much more happend today, here's some pics of todays work.

Engine block painted, will be less shiny when dry:
    45764-6b1c8ce002f6278365df731ce899d338.jpg

45764-bce6cdb32fd5bf6840e57d5479a74729.jpg

Comment

Nice job on a nice car..
      Good luck.
      00 S8
      94 RS2
      94 80 Competition
      88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

Long time since last post.
        Today i took the masking off and cleaned all the threads on the block. Took some time to do but feels good when putting together everything. Cleaned of the gasket surfaces a little bit with scotch brite. Next step is to clean all the oil channels, have some good brushes that i used on my other engine rebuild. Soaked the oil channels in WD40 so hopfully it will loosen up any burnt oil a little bit before i start with the brushes.

Here is some pictures from todays work:

45764-5adbbc712cef79ff86426d06f0b584d6.jpg
        45764-656f6cb3634388cb3d61d8bac061dfd9.jpg
        45764-a4d574dfbc260664ec928e3bdecc94f9.jpg
        45764-4059bde808c0c3960635b36b8aff2712.jpg

I also got two used pistons, only need one so i will use the best of the two.
        45764-1ede951dc9d47a61aa7edd53e8385d92.jpg

Next up oil channel cleaning.

Comment

love this build

Comment

Originally posted by ra28gt View Post
            love this build
            Thanks, doing my best

Comment

Today i dragged myself out to the garage for some cleaning of the oil channels in the engine block. Lots of brake cleaner was used together with long thin brushes to get all loose stuff out. The previous owner did have a good washer so it is was wery little oil residue and stuff left. After cleaning the block I cleaned the oil channels on the crank shaft. Changed my damged piston to the best of the two i bought. Will check the weight on all pistons/rods assembly before i make the final assembly of the bottom end. Well, after that I measured the piston ring gap. The piston rings are made for the 1.8t I think. Bought from cp-s in Sweden. They were all about 0.35mm gap. Audi claimed wear limit to 1.0mm according to the workshop manual. New they should be in between 0.15 and 0.35mm. Well after that It was godnight. Next garage visit i will assemble the bottom end with crank/rods and pistons.

45764-f9f0ed2d588402d535a139bfe6dd6f73.jpg
              Last edited by s0_big; 11 December 2018, 00:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                Apparently the pistons on the 1.4 golf are identical. Breakers yard calling?
                Sure? Which Golf 1.4?

Nowadays nobody uses the standard conrods anymore :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Acki View Post

Nowadays nobody uses the standard conrods anymore :-D
                  Yeah i know. But this car will be stock as long as I own it. So no need to buy new rods. I think they will work just fine

Comment

Yesterday i had a quick visit to the garage to measure the weight difference of the new vs the old piston. It was about 5g, The difference is not much, so i think it will be allright. Hopfully i can assemble the crank/rods in the weekend. What do you think, is 5g to much difference or is it nothing to worry about?
                    45764-d41d3dda2af5dbb07e71293b8458e154.jpg

Comment

Good weight difference is not more than 1 gram.

Comment

Sure, in a perfect world it should be 0g. Anyone weight the difference of 5 original pistons from a stock 5 cyl engine?

Comment

This is a nice catch! 10 years back I was looking at RS2's from the swedish Blocket site, and they was as low as ~10k€, but hadn't the money at the time.

Can't you just grind off few gramms with an dremel tool to get the weight match? From the inside of the piston..

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                            This is a nice catch! 10 years back I was looking at RS2's from the swedish Blocket site, and they was as low as ~10k€, but hadn't the money at the time.

Can't you just grind off few gramms with an dremel tool to get the weight match? From the inside of the piston..
                            Yeah I got it for a decent price as the engine was out and dismantled.. otherwise I could never afford a RS2. Yeah I could do that. Will think about it. Hopefully I can find time to assemble the block during this week. Put a big order off stuff yesterday as a early Christmas gift to myself.

All new stuff:

Extra water cooler
                            Water thermostat
                            All water hoses
                            All pressure hoses
                            Hose between Airbox/turbo
                            Engine/gearbox mounts x-line from cp-s
                            Sachs pressure plate "724" for dual mass flywheel
                            Sachs reinforced clutch disc
                            Sachs throw out bearing
                            Billet water connection back of the block

Hopefully I will have most of the stuff to assemble the engine now. The other big thing I have to buy is a refurbish of the turbo or an exchange one. The compressor wheel has some damage unfortunately.

Hopefully I will have it running before next summer
                            Last edited by s0_big; 4 January 2019, 14:51.

Comment

Some parts i ordered arrived today! Missing hose between airbox/turbo. Clutch disk and the little extra water cooler. Tomorrow i will hopfully be able to assemble crankshaft/pistons with the block

image_73093.jpg

Comment

Do you need the orange hose between the turbo and IC? If so i have a fully funktional one i dont think i am going to use ever.
                                Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Working...
                                X