No announcement yet.

My Coupe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know if the little clevis pin on the diff actuator is available separately?
    https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tra...h_term=857711#
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Still available along with the clip I got my pin out today, but it's in a very bad way.
      1-pin.jpg

Comment

• Cheers. Mine fell apart including the actual clevis
        I managed to unwind the remains from the shaft which appears to be stainless. The actuator is good. Anyone have a spare clevis?
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I bought some stainless versions of something similar to fix a snapped bonnet hinge on am Alfa. I'd have thought a few measurements would lead to a suitable generic replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
            I bought some stainless versions of something similar to fix a snapped bonnet hinge on am Alfa. I'd have thought a few measurements would lead to a suitable generic replacement.
            Or I was thinking of making something
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• This should work. I've ordered a couple of the M4 versions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEVIS-FO...edirect=mobile
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                I've got poly bushes throughout , powerflex black series. I'm also on KW coilovers, I don't find it too harsh at all, the car is very responsive and feels great. Would I want to use it everyday?, No but then I wouldnt want to use an S2 every day anyway.. tbh the front and rear subframe bushes on mine were terrible so the car feels instantly improved.
                Agree, I am poly bushed throughout (superflex Subframes, polyflex on wishbones) the car drives amazingly well with no increase in NVH at all IMO!
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• The heat shields are in poor condition.

But underneath isn’t bad at all. I can see a few spots of surface rust. I’m not looking forward to getting in there with the wire wheel. This is my least favourite job.

I filled the gearbox with oil. I couldn’t get the full 2.7ltr in. Maybe it’s not level. I will check again when the car is all back together. This is the stuff I have used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• That must be a relief..... check the heat shield studs, the dissimilar metal corrosion will likely make them a bit thin... I had to replace a few of them.

Also see my thread for how to make a new shield

Comment

• Cool. Thanks. I’m continually referring to threads on the forum for advice.

This seal didn’t want to come out without a fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Yep, mine were tight too!

Did you measure how deep it was in? Bentley gives a specified depth, and a special tool to install... I ignored and put it flush, and found it rubbed on the drive flange, was able to tap it in a bit further...

Comment

• I didn't measure
                          It was about 5mm inside the edge. There is a stop further in. So it doesn't go to the stop?
                          Hopefully, there is a mark left where the old seal sat. Have you got the Bentley measurement?
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• What seals have you gone with and is there a good thread already for replacing the seals?

Comment

• I can find it, I think, definitely not as far as the stop, that's quite a way in.

Comment

• I tend to go with corteco, just look up the size on the side of the seal, or match part numbers up and the parts catalogue gives you the sizes.

Comment

Working...
                                X