My Coupe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Now that's very interesting. I'm M10 rear M12 front mind.
    The shorter of the bushes I could only get in M12 (standard rubber I'm talking about, not poly) so I'm using a sleeve with the M10 bolt.

Comment

• Originally posted by jp_paul View Post
      You're just slightly ahead of me! Can't wait to start using the Xmas present to myself - a blast cabinet .
      Can't fit the subframe in it though
      Thanks for the link. Santa gave me some money for Christmas so I just ordered one with it
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I hope you don't plan to sand blast the speakers
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Thanks for the link. Santa gave me some money for Christmas so I just ordered one with it
          That was an easy sell
          I bought a bag of 0.5-1.25mm glass grit for media; apparently lasts longer and doesn't clog like alu-oxide, and is much cheaper. Not had chance to fire it up yet though - had inner cv's to do on the Passat which was an unwelcome distraction!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveH View Post
            I hope you don't plan to sand blast the speakers
            I was waiting for that
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It seems a few of us are at this stage and all having the same issues.

I got the little circlip off but the pin is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Indeed. Mine came out with some gentle persuasion. As mentioned on the other thread, the arm is plastic so heat can't be used - once I'd for the circlip off, I grabbed the pin with some mini mole grips to rotate it and break the corrosion induced seal, then pressed it up and out with pipe grip pliers.

Comment

I can't see any major rust underneath which is always a bonus.
                  Take the rear heatshield down from above the back box, there will likely be some to repair, or at the very least treat.

Comment

• Everything gone to the sandblasting place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Very familiar sight!

(apart from the brake shields, of which I have none)

Comment

• What are you doing about the coating power or epoxy?

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                          What are you doing about the coating power or epoxy?
                          Everything you see in the boot is getting two stage powder coat. 1st is a zinc based primer and second satin black. Not as strong or durable as epoxy or hot dip galvanised but this is going to be a summer car garage queen like the Nothelle
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Don't write off the powder coat as being rubbish... Yes its probably not as long lasting as hot dip galvanising but, check with the powder coat what exactly is going on... My go to powder coater uses epoxy powders (both zinc and colour coat) and has done for years since acrylic powder fell out of favour as the poor flaky and brittle solution it was.

Maybe you could ask for it if its not their usual stuff?

I live near Leicester and the Caterpillar construction machine place at Desford sends work to my powder coaters. The 'cat black' powder does seem to be tough and is used in pretty full on applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                              Don't write off the powder coat as being rubbish... Yes its probably not as long lasting as hot dip galvanising but, check with the powder coat what exactly is going on... My go to powder coater uses epoxy powders (both zinc and colour coat) and has done for years since acrylic powder fell out of favour as the poor flaky and brittle solution it was.

Maybe you could ask for it if its not their usual stuff?

I live near Leicester and the Caterpillar construction machine place at Desford sends work to my powder coaters. The 'cat black' powder does seem to be tough and is used in pretty full on applications.
                              I love the stuff. Well done, it's very durable. My Avant was done nearly 4 years ago and it's all like new
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Zinc rich powder will do the trick, its like baked on bilt hamber eletrox

Comment

Working...
                                X