My Coupe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had an idea.
    Whilst I had the welder out I knocked up a support bar from some bits of scrap metal.

It’s a bit over engineered but does a nice job.
    Now I can lower the car on the lift again.

And remove the ladder!

I’ve gone with these for the rear subframe.

Not sure what I’m doing with the front yet. I found a set of oe lemforder front subframe bushes in my spares box. I might have a go at fitting them.

The rear subframe is looking sorry for itself. There was a pile of mud trapped in the bottom of the rear diff bracket and a lot of rust underneath. I will need to see how it comes out after sand blasting but I might need a replacement. Sob sob.
    Anyone have a good spare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      I’ve gone with these for the rear subframe.

Not sure what I’m doing with the front yet. I found a set of oe lemforder front subframe bushes in my spares box. I might have a go at fitting them.
      Lemforder over poly-pish any day! Fitting OE bushes isn't easy though, good luck but it'll be worth it. Front and rear are same no?

Comment

• Not sure. The part numbers are different but maybe the size is the same
        Perhaps it's just the firmness
        Front Front 8A0199415b
        Front Rear 8A0199419a
        Rear Front 857199419c
        Rear Rear 857199415b

Any experts
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Super flex are good! Good control, no extra noise that I could tell, and I’m fussy.

I’d definitely go stock on the wishbones though, hate the polys there.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Not sure. The part numbers are different but maybe the size is the same
            I've heard of folks adding the diff mount to a front subframe so as to fit to the rear, as far as I'm aware the bushings are the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
              Super flex are good! Good control, no extra noise that I could tell, and I’m fussy.

I’d definitely go stock on the wishbones though, hate the polys there.
              Yes. Agree. I have normal press in for wishbones. Meyle HD are the best I could find.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post

I've heard of folks adding the diff mount to a front subframe so as to fit to the rear, as far as I'm aware the bushings are the same?
                Now that's very interesting. I'm M10 rear M12 front mind.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I've got poly bushes throughout , powerflex black series. I'm also on KW coilovers, I don't find it too harsh at all, the car is very responsive and feels great. Would I want to use it everyday?, No but then I wouldnt want to use an S2 every day anyway.. tbh the front and rear subframe bushes on mine were terrible so the car feels instantly improved.

Comment

And out.

Threads are all good for a new plug.
                    Just been able to get mine out although I was lucky; just 5 attempts at heating it did the trick. And attempt 5 was going to be my last before rummaging for an old wheel nut and breaking out the welder!
                    Where’s best for new drain plugs? Is fleabay as good as anywhere?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jp_paul; 1 January 2022, 16:05.

Comment

• I wanted to change drain and fill and got a couple from here:

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/...ling-plug.html

Im sure other sources are available with a bit of searching

Comment

• Smashing, ta. Were the ones you got tapered? I’ve found some but for a few quid less but a different part number is quoted: 012301127F vs ..127VF from heritage. Wondering if the taper is the difference between them.

Universal Sealing Plug for Volkswagen Gearboxes. M24 x 1.5 Gearbox Sealing Plug.

Comment

• Originally posted by jp_paul View Post
                          Smashing, ta. Were the ones you got tapered? I’ve found some but for a few quid less but a different part number is quoted: 012301127F vs ..127VF from heritage. Wondering if the taper is the difference between them.
                          That's one above is what I've used. Seals nicely and perfect fit
                          Last edited by Tractor Dave; 1 January 2022, 17:53.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Great, ta again!
                            and I’ve just found heritage have them listed on fleabay too so won’t have to bear their £5 p&p costs anyway (I can never work out how vendors sell stuff cheaper on fleabay than on their own websites - it’s not like they don’t take a cut )

Comment

• Rear struts came out no problem.
                              Would have been a different story without my home made tool. The shocks were original Boge and one was still working. Amazing!

I now have a rather large pile of stuff to take for sand blasting.

I made a start on the ball joints. I wish all metal was this rust resistant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• You're just slightly ahead of me! Can't wait to start using the Xmas present to myself - a blast cabinet .
                                Can't fit the subframe in it though
                                The SSB100 Shot blast cabinet is most effective blast cleaning system that will revitalise most metal objects suffering from surface corrosion or an unwanted coating.

Comment

Working...
                                X