Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowie69
    replied
    That must be a relief..... check the heat shield studs, the dissimilar metal corrosion will likely make them a bit thin... I had to replace a few of them.

Also see my thread for how to make a new shield

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    The heat shields are in poor condition.

But underneath isn’t bad at all. I can see a few spots of surface rust. I’m not looking forward to getting in there with the wire wheel. This is my least favourite job.

I filled the gearbox with oil. I couldn’t get the full 2.7ltr in. Maybe it’s not level. I will check again when the car is all back together. This is the stuff I have used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Fat Audi 80
    replied
    Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
    I've got poly bushes throughout , powerflex black series. I'm also on KW coilovers, I don't find it too harsh at all, the car is very responsive and feels great. Would I want to use it everyday?, No but then I wouldnt want to use an S2 every day anyway.. tbh the front and rear subframe bushes on mine were terrible so the car feels instantly improved.
    Agree, I am poly bushed throughout (superflex Subframes, polyflex on wishbones) the car drives amazingly well with no increase in NVH at all IMO!

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    This should work. I've ordered a couple of the M4 versions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEVIS-FO...edirect=mobile

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
    I bought some stainless versions of something similar to fix a snapped bonnet hinge on am Alfa. I'd have thought a few measurements would lead to a suitable generic replacement.
    Or I was thinking of making something

Leave a comment:

• Monkeymagic
    replied
    I bought some stainless versions of something similar to fix a snapped bonnet hinge on am Alfa. I'd have thought a few measurements would lead to a suitable generic replacement.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Cheers. Mine fell apart including the actual clevis
    I managed to unwind the remains from the shaft which appears to be stainless. The actuator is good. Anyone have a spare clevis?

Leave a comment:

• B5NUT
    replied
    Still available along with the clip I got my pin out today, but it's in a very bad way.
    1-pin.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Anyone know if the little clevis pin on the diff actuator is available separately?
    https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tra...h_term=857711#

Leave a comment:

• steve briance
    replied
    Zinc rich powder will do the trick, its like baked on bilt hamber eletrox

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by steve briance View Post
    Don't write off the powder coat as being rubbish... Yes its probably not as long lasting as hot dip galvanising but, check with the powder coat what exactly is going on... My go to powder coater uses epoxy powders (both zinc and colour coat) and has done for years since acrylic powder fell out of favour as the poor flaky and brittle solution it was.

Maybe you could ask for it if its not their usual stuff?

I live near Leicester and the Caterpillar construction machine place at Desford sends work to my powder coaters. The 'cat black' powder does seem to be tough and is used in pretty full on applications.
    I love the stuff. Well done, it's very durable. My Avant was done nearly 4 years ago and it's all like new

Leave a comment:

• steve briance
    replied
    Don't write off the powder coat as being rubbish... Yes its probably not as long lasting as hot dip galvanising but, check with the powder coat what exactly is going on... My go to powder coater uses epoxy powders (both zinc and colour coat) and has done for years since acrylic powder fell out of favour as the poor flaky and brittle solution it was.

Maybe you could ask for it if its not their usual stuff?

I live near Leicester and the Caterpillar construction machine place at Desford sends work to my powder coaters. The 'cat black' powder does seem to be tough and is used in pretty full on applications.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
    What are you doing about the coating power or epoxy?
    Everything you see in the boot is getting two stage powder coat. 1st is a zinc based primer and second satin black. Not as strong or durable as epoxy or hot dip galvanised but this is going to be a summer car garage queen like the Nothelle

Leave a comment:

• B5NUT
    replied
    What are you doing about the coating power or epoxy?

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Very familiar sight!

(apart from the brake shields, of which I have none)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X