Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe bit of a rebuild and repair thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That harness makes it waaaaaaaaaaay easier to refit the wires to the centre console when you have the seats in.

I wouldn't do it, of course!

Comment

• Make sense. The seats are still out so getting the centre console back in was easy enough.

2-console.jpg

The seats along with every other trim panel on the car has been thoroughly cleaned. Seats still need to go to a processional leather restorer, as the drivers side bolster is badly scuffed.
      1-seats.jpg

Also fixed one of the door card where the last person that removed them decided just prying them off was the best method of removal. Cut the ends off a couple of screws, heated them up and let them melt into the plastic. Refitted it the card and it held without any issue.
      3-cards.jpg

Also has anyone got any of these clips, they hold the rear bulb carrier on the coupe. Or has anyone got a rear bulb carrier for sale not bothered which side just need these clips.
      4-clip.jpg

Last edited by B5NUT; 11 March 2022, 21:13.

Comment

• I really like your door card fixing solution. I do have rear light boards and I could go and pick one up now as they're currently still in my bloody conservatory!
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• If you have one for sale, I would gladly buy it

Comment

• Here we go, you can have this one for postage rounded up a touch as I've just cleaned this conection up and it pretty rotten.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Comment

• That's great thanks. Pm me your PayPal address and I'll send you some money over.

Comment

• No problem at all, PM coming your way in a moment.

Comment

• So I have a question about the stop mounting in the boot area, should the rubber go over or under the mount. The rubber seal has been destroyed in that area as I think the last person that refitted them incorrectly and it caused the damage, so a new seal is on order. So want to make sure that I refit them correctly.

1-seal.jpg
                  2-seal.jpg

Also has anyone got one of these clips for sale
                  2-clip.jpg

Comment

• The mounting goes over the seal

Comment

• They all get a bit destroyed there.

Live with what you have ,seals are NLA.

Comment

• They are still available from tradition, I just order one over a week ago. Was hoping it would be here this week, but got stuck in customs as there was a bunch of other parts I ordered as well.

Comment

• So need help with a problem. I have put the interior car back together and connected the battery. Everything looks to work OK, but I noticed the cigarette lighter bulbs stays on, no key in the ignition and the car locked. Noticed it goes out if I switch the headlights on. Anyone heard of this issue before

Don't know or remember if this happened before I removed the centre console and it could be the bulb was blown as I don't remember the light being switched on at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post

Also has anyone got one of these clips for sale
                            2-clip.jpg

I might have one of those, will have a look

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Refitted the interior today. Gone is the mouldy smell and most of the dirt.
                              1-rear.JPG
                              2-front.JPG
                              Carpets now fit under the side plastic trims and don't bow out
                              3-carpet.JPG

Was going to put some fuel in the car, but it was getting late so will do that in the morning, as if there was a leak would rather fix it when I have plenty of daylight.

Even got the wheel trims on
                              4-wheel-trims.JPG

Sill loads of jobs to do on the car and I need to look at the alignment. Need to understand how you can do the alignment DIY style with string.

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                                So need help with a problem. I have put the interior car back together and connected the battery. Everything looks to work OK, but I noticed the cigarette lighter bulbs stays on, no key in the ignition and the car locked. Noticed it goes out if I switch the headlights on. Anyone heard of this issue before

Don't know or remember if this happened before I removed the centre console and it could be the bulb was blown as I don't remember the light being switched on at all.
                                This is quite odd as it should behave in the opposite way. So the lighter bulb should come on with the side lights and stay on throughout the operation of the exterior lights and go off when when they're turned off. It actually kind of sounds like a bad earth of some sort and given that it's been damp in your car I'd start with checking the headlight switch connections. The lighter itself and the bulb are not electronically connected, I've just checked this as I have centre console in my conservatory, the bulb is run off the same loom as the ashtray illumination light, can you see what that's doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X