No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a great news that passenger side hinges will fit to driver side.I just got set of them with no play at allI know how you feel like,small things can really make your day.When I replaced my bleeding clock and diff lock switch bulbs I was so happy
    Your Coupe looks like a dream

Comment

• Cheers Pete
      Costash you need to take the door card off then you can adjust the window regulator frame on the door. You can also adjust the glass to the regulator! Far far far too many variables!
      Mark the regulator before you change anything, so you have a reference
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Great work, i need to tackle my door at some point and will definitely check out the hinge play when I do
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Cars looking great!
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• do you have a link or know which page you did the urs4 seats on? I remember you swapping in some heated seat elements and you used some foam inbetween the element and material and can't remember what you used thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by david1980 View Post
              do you have a link or know which page you did the urs4 seats on? I remember you swapping in some heated seat elements and you used some foam inbetween the element and material and can't remember what you used thanks
              Is this what you are looking for

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=urs4&page=18
              Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Jesus. what a thread Alex. I've only managed a fraction of it and in terms of car maintenance I feel like a toddler mashing my chubby hand up and own on a fisher price tool set compared to what you have done here

But let me ask you a question as the owner of a fairly stock CQ20v.. With the experience of the past years would you still want to convert a CQ20v to ABY or is it a lot easier to change the whole car? Just pondering this question before I potentially start the long slippery slope..

Noel
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                1990 CQ20v
                2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                  That's the seats but no mention of how he did them unfortunately. I did see that page but missed that post skimming over the thread trying to find the how to on the seats

Comment

• I used some 3mm memory foam to sandwich the heating element when I did the URS4 ones.
                    Reminds me I have a set of elements to fit in my Recaros before the end of summer

Noel, if I could have afforded an S2 in the first place I would have got one.
                    It's easy enough to do the conversion but you'd struggle to find a lot of the parts these days, and at the end of the day, it's still not an S2. I never really intended for this to happen
                    Now that I have an ABY this CQ has a V8 in its future
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• mmmmmm.... V8 coupe.....

I think after years of coupes in bits all over my driveway, garden and garage my missus got used to it. Then we moved to Finland and I only took apart my A4 occasionally and she got used to that. Now I have a coupe again and she has fear in here eyes that she knows what's coming!
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      1990 CQ20v
                      2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        I used some 3mm memory foam to sandwich the heating element when I did the URS4 ones.
                        Reminds me I have a set of elements to fit in my Recaros before the end of summer
                        Thanks do you have a link to what you used so I can order some and did you remove the old foam stuff off the elements? One of mine has it still, one has not

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          Now that I have an ABY this CQ has a V8 in its future
                          Does that mean nicely modded ABY and V8 track slag?
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• That's the plan
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• So will the V8 one be 'build it beautiful' or 'built to race'?

Mit Turbolader?

Comment

• Well it will be a fairly low budget build in terms of power, more importantly I want to make the car handle so planning on a cage, multi-link rear suspension and some geometry changes and loose as much weight as possible up front, so turbo seems unlikely but you know how it is on the slippery slope
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X