Jogi's New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jyrki,
    Many thanks for the comments and more importantly, the help and support you offered early on. Very much appreciated. Would be good to see more of you on here.
    Long wait to save the £'s and so close now. Few bits to sort with the install now.
    Fingers crossed. Will update soon:mischeif:
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Great news Chris! Im really happy for you that its finally coming together again!

Keep us posted
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Very linear powerband/mapping.
        I tend to map it differently for most people.
        This is more the way OEM's map it and also THE way to go for a car that is tracked, as the linear torque delivery makes it a lot better and also easier to drive fast.

I am curious of the torque profile on a third gear pull. As I understand this is on an engine dyno, so real life results are also interesting.

Nice graph though, will be great to drive.
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Looks good Chris, certainly looks to be very useable torque from quite early on... nice curve too...
          Alomst 100 BHP over your original set-up, so hopefully you should really enjoy the driving expericence....!!

Chris
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Chris, just need H to get the car in and get on with it now. Needs to reinstall engine, sort rear brakes and fir drive shafts to complete 6 speed conversion. 3-4 days work maximum for most, but I'm sure it will take at least 6 weeks lol

@PRJ - can I ask what you mean by mapping it differently - do you mean more agressively? Living in London, I need a drivable car.
            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Your car is mapped to deliver an extremely flat torque curve.
              However, from a perspective of restriction, the restriction is always flow in one way in another, as the engine can be just seen as a big air pump.

To get a that flat torque curve on a turbocharged car means you are not using the available flow down low = less torque down low.

The more torque you get down low, the narrower the peak torque curve tip becomes as you start hitting flow limitations.
              The less torque/flow you use down low, the more you have in reserve up top, as flow increases with RPM's.

For a track car, or really, for a consumer car with a turbocharger, it makes sense to have a linear torque delivery. Ze Bosch would call this "Refinement".
              For a drag race car, you usually don't care as much.

So in your case, you have >550nm from 3500 to 6500 rpm.
              You could do with the same setup >650nm from say 3800 to 6000.

This would make the car faster, but harder to drive. It would also be harder on the drivetrain components, such as clutch, etc.
              There is no right or wrong in this matter. It is a matter of preference. I have received requests to map cars exactly the same yours is mapped, with low peak boost, and actually ramping boost to redline to have a straight power curve.
              Mostly though, I am more aggressive, if the components permit.

Of course knock matters as well, and at a certain point of cylinder filling you hit a brick wall, but I am sure your turbo can do a lot more than 30 psi down low.
              And again - I am not saying anything is wrong at all. I just saw a mapping philosophy closer to what the OEM's do and found it interesting, that's all.
              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Thanks for your reply and for spending time giving some detailed input.
                It's always good to hear the opinion of other tuners.
                I'll let you know the seat of my bum feeling once I drive her again.
                Cheers
                Chris
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• I would vouch for such a nice wide powerband. Congrats Chris! Make the dream a reality

Comment

• Sorted a few bits and pieces today and a general tidy up as car is going to Dover tomorrow to be reunited with the engine.
                    Fitted new grill and a couple of the reservoirs. As I did not really inspect it properly when it arrived, the expansion tank has one corner with fixing mount missing:wall:
                    Still looking fresh and better for it though. Couple of piccies of the empty bay and grill

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Looking good chris not long now!

Comment

• you must be very excited now mate! Which adhesive heat shield did you use there?
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Now the fun begins trying to get the heavily modified car insured with an agreed value declaring all mods. No easy task I can tell you.
                          Here are a few companies I will call.

Footman James 0843 357 1973
                          Lancaster 01480 484826
                          Heritage 0845 330 0660
                          Sureterm 0800 999 2030 - would not quote
                          Norton 0845 330 0880
                          HIC 0844 888 4888
                          LWIB 01935 706258
                          FNC 01727 834 222
                          Santa Pod 0845 121 6888
                          RH 01277 206911
                          Cherished vehicle 0845 250 8282
                          2gether 01945 465508
                          Classic Line 01455 639 000
                          Competition Car 0844 892 1966
                          Chris Knott 0800 917 2274
                          Chaucer 0800 072 2050
                          Adrian Flux 0800 083 8833
                          A Plan 01895 623 434
                          Carole Nash 0800 804 7952
                          Equity Red Star 0800 917 9367
                          Greenlight 01277 376000

I'll update with information of who qouted as and when.
                          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            you must be very excited now mate! Which adhesive heat shield did you use there?
                            No idea I'm afraid. It's the only thing Field Motorsport did that may have been of benefit
                            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Did you get the header tank from GSF? I've just bought one with the same corner lug broken off
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• This came from the main stealer. Also got brake fluid reservoir , but that will be fitted when bleeding brakes following rear calliper fittment.

@ Christophski - just a little bit
                                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X