No announcement yet.

Jogi's New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size is the cobra head you are after?

I have one waiting to go on my S2, but that will not happen in the next few weeks.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Ok, progress is painfully slow I'm afraid, but engine has finally been fitted - more updates to follow.

However, now faced with another big problem with the 6 speed conversion. The clutch is not working so car will not move,
      It seems there is not enough travel for the clutch to disengage. The clutch does not work until bearly on the floor. The system has been checked over and over for air and that is ruled out.
      Using the old typ85 Master cylinder and 6 speed slave as has been done before but there just doesn't seem to be enough fluid to work the clutch. Could the 01E CYT coded diesel gearbox be that different from the CGR?
      Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any suggestion please?
      Thanks in advance.
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Glad there has been progress Chris but shame about the clutch. Im not clued up on conversion things so im afraid I cannot help.... Keep with it though and good luck

Comment

• Chris,

Might be an idea to list what components you used on the clutch side including the flywheel. Might be a mismatch, particularly with the pressure plate.
          Although it seems there was an issue with the clutch plate initially!

Comment

• Hy Chris! Are you sure that the master cylinder piston is not stuck?
            Using an sucking device for removing air from the system will not show this.
            I had mine in the same situation after sitting in garage for long time with the clutch pedal down.
            Hope this helps!
            Regards!

Comment

• Try using the longest rod you can get in the slave, so it pushes as far as possible.

Comment

• is there a spacer between block and box ?
                1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

• Thanks for replies guys. Most helpful.
                  No spacer between engine and block.
                  Cheers
                  Chris
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• As promised further update. Progress has been very slow for lots of reasons especially various problems – the clutch not resolved as yet, but there is light at the end of the tunnel now.
                    The new clutch plate was finally fitted.

The engine was now literally shoehorned back into the engine bay. The new inlet and exhaust manifolds had moved things sufficiently to make the fit even tighter than before.

But a lot of effort has gone into the aesthetics and I like it myself.
                    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• However, this has caused several new problems which had to be overcome.
                      The downpipe had to be altered and has been worked to be further away from the Brake servo with the wastegate pipe grafted in.

The wastegate itself was then installed and attached to the turbo.

[IMG]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/jogi730/DSCF2273.jpg[/IMG
                      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• The next problem was the boost and coolant pipes with everything being so tight at the front. So here we have Spaghetti Junction

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• A new rear silencer was needed and the rest of the exhaust was also reworked for a better fit

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Despite trying to order the tight bend to overcome a previous problem of getting pipework to the throttle body, the only way around it was to slightly shorten the intake manifold and rework the throttle boddy itself

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Unfortunately, due to the car being off the road for over 4 years, a few additional jobs had surfaced to get the car through the MOT with dreaded corrosion setting in despite the car being garaged throughout.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• So this is where I am at with my project. Hoping not too many other things will hold this up now.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X