No announcement yet.

Jogi's New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuner has not done much for last couple of weeks as other work was stacking up.
    Unfortunately the clutch problem still persists despite changing master cylinder and replacing rod with a longer one.
    Doing his head in and mine

Next problem will be trying to fit an air filter. The new EM as supplied is slightly different from the old one. It uses smaller diameter pipiong to help spool but the design makes the turbo sit higher and closer to the wing. Can anyone suggest a high flowing filter for really tigh and confined space?

Cheers
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Off....I dont know what to say Chris...regarding your clutch...i fitted once an 200 quattro 3B engine clutch disk into S2...and didint work...because the central piece of the disk was a little too long and was touching the flywheel where the bearing goes. The 200 has that bearing into crankshaft not flywheel. We had to remove the gearbox and change the disk. Hope you will manage to solve the problems.
      Goodluck!

Comment

• How is it Chris?
        Hope ok!
        All the best!

Comment

• Gearbox is back out to try and find out what the problem is
          This is really annoying me now
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Is luck ever on your side mate?
            Hope the problem is easy to find and solve once the box is out.

Comment

• hope you find what is wrong!
              Have you checked that the clutch disk is not touching the flywheel?
              I got this in Chris's car tryng to install an v8 clutch disk and didint notised that was touching the flywheel were the bearing for input shaft goes.
              All the best!

Comment

• I cant fit an air filter in my 3b 80Q either. Im using some fine gauze.

Regards the box, If they measure the distance from the spigot bearing to the outer edge of the friction disk when fitted to the fly,then look at that distance along the gearbox input shaft,they will find out if the friction disk is hitting the fly or,more likely,coming to the end of the splines on the gearbox input shaft. This will make it not dis-engage.

Comment

• Well it would appear cause of the problem was the new linkage
                  It was not providing sufficient throw to disengagement clutch.
                  As for air filter, another hks mushroom
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like you are getting there mate.

Comment

• Any progress is good I guess?
                      Just hope it's not the one step forward two steps back scenario I am so accustomed to
                      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Im sure it wont be Chris. It cant go on forever so progress is good

Comment

• Poxy Gearbox!

HELP!

I cannot believe my luck and am on the verge of giving up.
                          just as it seemed we had sorted gearbox issues out, there is no reverse gear. All linkage taken out and tried manually but to no avail.
                          Can anyone shed some light?
                          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Its not the gearbox is it? With all these issues is it worth trying another one?

Comment

• The tuner is certainly intimating it must be. I guess it is possible even though it was brand new when bought. Just seems no end to it
                              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Do you know anyone who could lend you one with a view to you giving it back or maybe purchasing it if it solves the issue? I know Andy G Plym has one he is trying to get rid of... Not sayign its the answer and you may not want to go down that route but.....

Comment

Working...
                                X