No announcement yet.

Jogi's New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 443199447..... this is the pn. for an 4.5 mm distance washer wich has to be mounted on the right side engine mount... by doing this...the right side engine mount will be lowered by 4.5mm and the left hand one will seat perfect.
    Makes sense?
    Hope this helps!
    All the best!

Comment

• pn 13a from the picture. You need 2, 1 for each hole of the engine mount.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
        that engine mount... you need an spacer...is in ETKA also....don't know the dimension though!
        I will try to find that!
        All the best!
        Looking at the pic it all ready looks like 20mm + up over? These mounts are new and never used in your car before are they Chris?
        Stuart
        B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

• Thanks Eugen.
          THe engine mounts were there already. The gearbox mounts were put in during the gearbox change.
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• insane idea but what about fitting the engine 1st then fitting the gearbox

Comment

• It was taken out to make the engine going in easier. When it was taken out, the turbo was not bolted on so was a lot easier
              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• The problem seems to have been resolved. It seems that one of the gearbox brackets was slightly out. This threw everything slightly off line

Well now that has been resolved, other problems are coming to light. The new intake manifold sits slightly forward of the old one causing the throttle body to be really close to the custom radiator I have sitting behind the front grill. hoping this can be overcome with some acute bends in the hoses.
                Oh the joys of customising
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• It will be worth it in the end !

Comment

• i need to fabricate an o/s gearbox mount as i cant get a bigger downpipe than 2.75in as it touches both the chassis and mount..... DOH!

keep up the good work fella, glad you ironed out the issues

if you need to use my A4 for anything orrob any bits, just gimme a shout.

Sean
                    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

• Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!

Got this from my tuner today;

Hi Chris,
                      Your next problem is that the passenger side driveshaft is 1 inch too long, it needs to be 20 inch's and it is currently 21
                      Can you see if you can come across a shaft that fits all the CV joints and gearbox flange at the correct length, or should I just send
                      it off and have one made at the right length.

Only yhing I can think of is I got supplied wrong drive shafts.
                      Will this ever get finished?
                      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Hy Chris!
                        Iff i remember right...you have the nut type cv joints...
                        i have some driveshafts with 50.8cm lenght...but...i need from you... the splines dimention at the gearbox side and the fitting style of the wheel side cv joint.
                        There are 2 types...with an expanding circlip or with an safety ring wich can be opened throw an opening into cv joint.
                        Hmm... dont know how to explain better...maibe with some pictures...
                        Can you asq H to send you some pictures with the splines from both ends of jour shaft?

Comment

• Quite a few adjustments had to be made to the custom kit to get it to fit prorperly and stop the prop shaft from kinking which came as a surprise. Having supplied driveshafts which were not actually a pair caused some serious headscratching as one was too long.
                          The shorter drive shaft should be with the tuner tomorrow courtesy of Peter (thanks acidburn) along with a flexihose so at least the car will be back on its wheels soon.
                          Deciding which IC to go for, fabrication and fitting of various hoses will see the engine fired up by the end of the week barring discovering any more wrong parts.
                          That will leave some final tweaks to idle etc before I get her back.
                          looking forward to that so much now
                          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• THE LATEST - 14TH JUNE

The ORIGINAL parcel Acidburn sent was lost by Parcel Force. :wall:
                            Fortunately having dug deep into his parts stash he had another shaft and this was shipped to the tuner. Just my luck though, he decided to take an extended break over the bank Holiday weekend, so a fortnight was lost. Finally the second parcel did arrive. And hey presto, the driveshaft fits as it should and both have had new outer CV boots for good measure.

The bulb holders that were also sent do not fit apperently, something both Acidburn and myself are scratching our heads over. Need to investigate this further when I go to Dover on Monday.

Work currently being concentrated on new plumbing to IC and rads. The new Intake Manifold has put the throttle body really close to the front radiator causing a slight obstruction making it necessary for a really tight bend in the pipework - more headaches!

I'm getting quite impatient now but I GUESS IT CAN'T BE LONG NOW?
                            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Patience mate. Really doesnt sound like that long now

Comment

• Won't be long Chris, I think we are all looking forward to it given the grief you have had in the past...

Comment

Working...
                                X