Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have more frames????

Comment

• I find something every now and then Bram..

Comment

• April '12 - small update

Still waiting for engine to be mapped so nothing too exciting to report :wall:
        Hoping to see some real progress soon though:ihih:
        Dropped some bits and pieces off and poor girl looking a bit sad but good to see her anyway.

Have since fitted headlight brackets which enabled the lights proper to go back in. Reupholstered interior finished as are the door builds, so once engine mapped should be some rapid progress (just driveshafts for gearbox to finish off, rear brake upgrade and not forgetting the refit of course).
        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Great to see her coming together Chris.....

Darren.

Comment

• New life could finally be on the way. Dr. Frankenstein (Ahmed Bayjoo) to work his magic and resusitate :ihih:

Engine attached to dyno at last.... next week????

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Wow top notch stuff there, is he tuning in on the engine dyno? no expense spared should be really good when done

Comment

• Yes, my tuner insists thos is only way to properly tune an engine so loads can be repeated accurately and consistantly. Some fine fettling for idle etc will be needed once installed. Am awaiting results in great hope.
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• It is the best way yes but damn expensive!!!

Comment

• The way it has been explained makes perfect sense to me! Glas you agree
                      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                        It is the best way yes but damn expensive!!!
                        Sadly I don't agree with that.

Even without using people in the know I'd say by the time you have base mapped a engine, run it in ( inc all the fuel and oil changes ) then the final map you could probably of just put it on a dyno and had it ready to go straight in the car.

Rough prices of engines I've known to be done were £600-£1000, the latter being a big spec cossy and the cheaper being a big spec NA Vauxhall engine, there can be other charges though but I'm sure you see what I mean.
                        By the time you have had it tweeked again I agree it would probably of cost more but I personally think the fact any issues can be dialed out with the engine out of the car makes a big difference.

This was when mine was on the dyno :

I'd have a lot of faith in Ahmed, always seem to map YB's a bit on the rich side but he did my mates 2wd Saph which gave 533hp on Harveys dyno and that is one of the fastest cars I've been in, savage performance and didn't miss a beat.

Please keep us updated, really happy for you its finally coming together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
                          I'd have a lot of faith in Ahmed, always seem to map YB's a bit on the rich side but he did my mates 2wd Saph which gave 533hp on Harveys dyno and that is one of the fastest cars I've been in, savage performance and didn't miss a beat.

Please keep us updated, really happy for you its finally coming together.
                          Nice pic both of your engine and jogi's car/engine.

james do you have a link to your mates car/project thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                            Nice pic both of your engine and jogi's car/engine.

james do you have a link to your mates car/project thread?
                            He doesn't use the internet and this was atleast 5 years ago now, before Harvey mapped engines Ahmed would do them for him, the engine was built by Glynn and the car was owned by a chap known as Buddha, its now sat in the corner with green moss growing all over it

Comment

• wow not good, any idea why that is and does it still run etc? seems a shame

Comment

• Car was sold back to Glynn as too fast, engine ended up in a 3 door race car, other bits were sold and the rolling shell has sat there for a long time now, shame as it was eat your dinner off it mint

Comment

Working...
                                X