My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
    Might not do you much good. As far as I remember the rear drain is inside the rear wheel arch. Which at this moment in time is covered by the liner.
    Thanks Eric. ("Eric the Mad")

It looks like a hose just behind the rear tyre. No?

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Thats the filler cap drain.

The sunroof drain is on the right , if we had bladerunner technology we could rotate the point of view inside the arch
      Attached Files
      Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Thanks for the follow-up Eric. I am cross posting your answer in my Sunroof drain post.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• I bet you'd forgotten about the rust you've resolved by now Eric? Or are those scars slow to heal?
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• You know, I was looking through those old photos trying to find one that might do the trick for Dave , and just had that bad 'rust' feeling come back . So the scars are healed but I am still a bit tender
            Eric

Comment

• So am I, 5 years later
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                So am I, 5 years later
                That was probably from grinder injuries

Comment

• No that was The Mad Mutt aka Mr Dremel
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Just readed thrue all 30 pages, and all this stuff you have done, its amazing! Really love the attention to detail, and all the small parts. Youre doing it exactly the way i wanna do it, but im a bit more laid back, hard to get started! And btw, all these rust pictures inn the begining, makes me feel happy about my s2 avant, hehe.

When you put the battery in again, remebere to put the hose frome the battery vent to outside the car (Along with the roof vent hose). On mine it have been taked off, and sometime the battery have toped off... And heres how it gonna look like then!

Anyways, i have subscribed. Cant wait for next update!

Edit:

What did you do to the handle to fit the 3B light panel? Ive mounting this panel on my audi 80 tdi avant to, and tryed to get it thighted up, but still its a bit to much play. How did you fix this?
                    Last edited by Gimmi; 5 January 2015, 00:14.

Comment

• Thanks very much. and good point about the battery, That looks quite the shocker. .

What is interesting is that your roof drain is over that vent where mine was inside the wheel arch under the arch liner.
                      Discussed here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70931

What year is your avant? I am curious when Audi made the change.
                      Eric

Comment

• My car is a 1993. Not sure about wich month, but can find it out if its interesting. But i dont got a sunroof either.
                        I got a mid 1994 audi 80 avant to, with sunroof. Im gonna check where it is there.

Just replyed this last ninja edit from last post, if you missed it hehe

Originally posted by Gimmi View Post

Edit:

What did you do to the handle to fit the 3B light panel? Ive mounting this panel on my audi 80 tdi avant to, and tryed to get it thighted up, but still its a bit to much play. How did you fix this?
                        I should put a thread up here on my car to, the knowledge in here its pretty high! Gonna take me time to do it very soon

Comment

• I replaced the "cushion" spring on the handle with a small nut (acting as a washer) and tightened the screw . That is all I did.

hope that helps.
                          Last edited by irishs2; 11 July 2017, 21:42.
                          Eric

Comment

• Aah now i see! Ill fix that bloody thing tomorow, so anoying. Thanks!!

Comment

• Ok, trying again to get back into the swing of things.
                              Just a few little jobs to get started. I decided to reattach the sill covers and trim.

The black clips are the usual RS4 ones to replace the NLA S2 ones.

Sorry about the poor pics, will have my usual camera back next time.

I also had occasion to see the rear of the car in sunshine. Getting quite excited

I also decided to fit the flywheel and clutch. New bolts for the flywheel and refurbished bolts for the pressure plate. Next up is reattach the gearbox and offer it up to the car.
                              Last edited by irishs2; 11 July 2017, 21:43.
                              Eric

Comment

• Looksing good mate. Make sure you load up on carbs for a few days before you fit the box
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X