X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Questions questions

1) What are these EFR turbos?
    2) How much are Own charging for the custom GT30? i've been on at them for a year for a billet install in my GT30r but think mine will go to HTA or Turbo Dynamics next year for an upgrade
    3) Your K36 manifold maybe able to modified into the T3, I remember having vague conversations with Carsten over it before I bought the T3 evo manifold, they all start out the same however i can't remember if the 4 bolt spacing is different, pm Lupo911

1) the dog's danglies turbo's on paper but not cheap from Borg Warner. Sort of want to see a couple more in action before commiting but initial overview on them is wow.

2) Price drop me a pm because I get trade and cannot publicise that amount. Should be done next week

3) Easily enough to machine them but the bolt pattern is different and unfortunatelly too close to redrill unless I fit it off centre.

I'm not too concerned as my plan of attack is to sell it as a package on the long run if I want more ponies as I know this one will be bullet proof compared to the old turbo which had issues from day one.
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Price of bullet gt30 conversion on turbodynamics is 215+shipping for comparison

Comment

• The £215 is just the billet wheel upgrade (incl/excl VAT?). I ordered a complete new turbo so not sure what the breakdown was hence curious. Also is that a 76mm or an 82mm machined into the 76mm compressor housing? As the 82's normally run a larger housing. Just curious as I've always gone with Owen Developments as they have given outstanding service over the years, so it's a sort of stick with who you know type of thing.
        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• JP speak to me about it at the RR day be good to put a face to the name

Comment

• no, the 215 is for the excactl equivalent to the 3076R turbo, no bigger inducer/exducer, just similar design, lighter and balancing,and sorry it is +VAT

i didnt want to go to the GT35 impeller as the bigger size means you loose the spool that you aim for using the billet wheel. Similar thing is happening with the GTX wheels, where they are slightly bigger than the original 3076 and therefore you gain absolutely nothing in spool, but you improve output. Personaly, after all the things i have done to the car, im not bothered about getting bigger turbos anymore, only to get the engine as efficient and robust as possible and have a turbo that makes the car enjoyable everyday. I see you want similar, but having a 2.5lit engine makes it possible to have the everyday street effectiveness whilst also going towards the 600mark.

ill be happy with near 500ish on my tiny 2.2

Comment

• "I'll be happy with near 500'ish on my tiny 2.2"

So what turbo are your edging towards ?

Thanks.

Comment

• if the question was going towards me, i already have the GT3076R with 0.82ar and billet compressor wheel. I will be changing to the 0.63AR and upgrading to a ported head, so i hope to stay within the region of 470-490hp with ADU cams, and better spool than the 0.82.

sorry if i misunderstood and this was a question for JP

Comment

• awesome write up....keep those updates coming...

Comment

• To the two of you is fine, when does your current set up begin to boost, and when do think your new set up will start to boost, and that's to the two of you as well.

Thanks.

Comment

• Updates?
                      sigpic
                      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                        Updates?
                        with Andy, any replies from either of you ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Ehrm nope not really been a bit sidetracked with work and bought an actual daily driver

Basically dyno day I took Macandmar for a spin during the course of which I appeared to have done the input shaft on the gearbox.

This resulted in gearbox oil contaminating the triple plate clutch and trashing it.

Fortunately Will at VRS had some box's a second hand spec stage 3+ clutch and ABY flywheel. These were fitted at his on the Tuesday immediately after the dyno day so I could keep my daily on the road.

Several things came of this

1) I really really liked the dual mass flywheel feel to the triple plate clutch and the extra weight really gave a nice sickening feel of torque.

2) The petrol ratio's we're a nice compromise to the slightly more sluggish flywheel setup as I'd been running a diesel box after i nuked my last one.

3) The fact the dual mass flywheel is a stock externally balanced item and my engine has been internally balanced meant the vibration although minor really does my nut in.

4) The later 1999 diesel box shifted so nice compared to the 1996 S4 box that had just been fitted due to the later 1st/2nd synchro assembly that I needed to sort this out.

So with all these factors to be considered I finally got the hump with the car pulled it of the road and bought an A4 1.9tdi for £400 of a mate to run around in until work load lessened and I could sort things out in a non rushed timely manner.

So were I stand at the moment is I'm going to pull the engine strip the crank out of it and rebalance the rotating assembly with the dual mass flywheel along with a 3B flywheel and a 7A flywheel. This way if the dual mass gives up the ghost I'll have a solid mass alternative to bolt straight upto it without needing to rebalance again.

Next whilst the engine is out I'm going to sort out the gearbox properly and have a nice rebuild unit in there. Hopefully Doug at MRC will have a fresh batch of longer 6th gears back in stock to fit to it.

Next I'm going to junk all the horrible 60mm boost run pipes and actually run proper steel 76mm ones with the possibility of trying to squeeze a slightly larger intercooler under the bumper.

Hopefully this will be done for winter so I've got a 4wd car as back up for any snow after which I'll pull it off the road again sort the brakes out and give it the bodywork it deserves. Once all of that is done I'll look at sorting the map out on it.

So realistically now I have a 50mpg run around that runs on veggie oil I've got the opportunity to take my time and sort everything out as and when rather than trying to have it running within seconds of pulling it apart.

I haven't quite decided yet what I'm going to do turbo wise but at the moment I'm edging towards sticking with what I've bought keep the dual mass and have a real nice broad 550 power curve trying to keep as much of the car reliable as possible, I'm starting to feel that I'm getting to old for all this messing about and not having a car to drive during the race season due to stupid issues such as drivetrain. If I want a more powerful car to drive I have access to several of them and if I really want to go faster in my own then one day I could always drop the lump into a lighter shell.

Once it's set up running reliably it may take back it's status as a daily hack but with the ever increasing fuel costs I can't see myself warranting 15,000-20,000 at 20mpg or less on super.
                          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Another petrol head turned into Satan Fuel Lover aka diesel
                            THIS HAST TO END

Comment

• Just a little verbal update.

Crank has been rebalanced with the dual mass (and another single mass just incase) and spend the day today at VRS doing the final re assembly on the engine. Gearbox is going for a rebuild this week so hopefully have it all back in the hole in the next fortnight.

I've decided I'm going to try and get the boost run sorted and the car mapped in time for ADI in October having missed most of this season it would be nice to finish it with a good thrashing before the respray.
                              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing this at ADI.
                                sigpic
                                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                                1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                                X