No announcement yet.

The '2 ton bugswatter' - back for a gentle stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very nice JP. over 400ps with 0.85 bar.
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Looks like we have a 600hp car coming up
      Well done.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• ^^^ thank you. For the time being we'll see what the 3076 can achieve maxed out while I do some saving! Then we'll have a look at the long term turbo solution :mischeif:

Other than the rattly triple plate clutch at low rpm which I'll learn to live with the car pulls so pleasant I'm almost loathe to go bigger, however being used to how it always boosted and now not even feeling the turbo come in I think it has to be done later in the year end of
        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Excellent work JP ( as usual... ), this thing is gonna be the ultimate school runner...

Comment

• Good write up. Glad to hear its back together and working really well by the sounds of things

Comment

• Great to see it back running! Looks like its going to make lots of power and come on very early! Which tripple plate clutch are you using?

Comment

• Good to hear its up and running stongly.
                Cheers for the pic of the sump, interesting mod.
                Looking forward to some more pics once you've had some kip
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• @G60 I went for the tilton as it was begging spare for cheap :-)

@Error. Most likely no more pics now till after the Dyno day
                  UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• good luck¡¡
                    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Well done JP. Loopks like you will have a monster.
                      Keep the updates coming
                      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

• It is very interesting to see what difference an engine with good flowing head can make. I have a similary spec'd engine (almost same basic specs rod length ect) and the difference in timing advance is massive and i think it proves the massive.
                          Last edited by Billman; 16 June 2011, 10:03.
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• OK little update, as most have probably gathered by now turbo is not a happy puppy.

First I was parked up at my mates machine shop idling away and smoke started to come out when stood for 20-30 secs, driving it a bit cleared it. Thought mmmh strange smoke on idle can't be guides they're new?

So tried a couple of over run engine braking tests no smoke. So my suspicions lay with the fact the turbo was on it's way out. Checked the shaft play once I got home and clunk clunk in both directions, Not good.

Then when starting her in the morning no smoke, when up to temp only pulling away from lights. So starting to doubt everything now figured I check everything just to be safe. Breather system dry, boost pipes dry, spark plugs dry, even compression across all cylinders, basically engine mint. So I came to the conclusion to not drive the car hard and make the turbo last till funds allow.

Well yesterday not driving hard and constantly going of the scale on the inHg vacuum under overun resulted in puffs of smoke everytime I came back on light throttle so that was no good either. So I figured drive normally, well the smoke eventually was at idle, on overun, coming back on throttle, under load and when cruising the vacuum was around 5-6inHg higher than before and the turbo screaming it's nuts of more so than the dyno video before it even made it on boost. So she's for the graveyard.

I've got someone shipping me what they think is a 3076 but could be larger to see if I can hybrid it to get myself on the road for cheap in the short term or I may just buy a new centre cartridge just so we can see what the engine can do on such a turbo. However I'm starting to think that it is just not man enough to handle the air that the engine is requiring as when we were on the dyno at 0.85 bar I would not in a million years have been inclined to crank it upto 2 bar like I did on the previous engine.

I'll try and sort something temporarily for the dyno day as I still haven't decided what to do long term turbo wise. What I can definitely say though it won't be a garret again unless it's from HTA.
                            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Seems to happen all too often with the BB Garret turbos. Could it have been oil starvation from the silly restrictor getting blocked? Hope you get it soreted soon enough
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• I got oilines from Repo, with a restritor and a small oil filter for my BB turbo. The restrictor is only 0,4mm so it can easily bee blocked.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X