Da Green Monstah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geryS2 View Post
    750 hp my god ! that must feel something when u put the pedal to the metal !

Don t u got any vid of a nice speed run ?
    Even though the car has all the 034 and Apikol products on it to lock up the motor, driveline and tranny, it still moves around a bit under WOT. You can see that in the dyno video. When you're on the road, about the only thing I'm watching is where I'm going and the tachometer. The car becomes very loose when all 4 wheels break loose even on a roll-on throttle in 3rd gear.

I should be getting some in car video soon.

Hap, wit dakine lost traction not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Originally posted by DamianURS4 View Post
      loving it!
      Me too Damian.

Comment

Originally posted by urs4guy View Post
        I also forgot to mention that my car is appearing in the December issue of European Car. Its a 5 page spread that really celebrates the nature of this build.

Hap, wit dakine MAGination not from Evahboost, Maguire

from what I saw of the spread I for one cannot wait to read it in proper magazine format she is looking sweet Hap!
        Shawn Olsen Austin TX ACNA#1616
        //95 S6 RS2// 13 A6 3.0 // 12 S4 MT // 12 GTI apr

Comment

'We've actually sent the filter back to AEM'
          I would love to see the look on their faces!!!!

Comment

Wow wee !

The type of engine I dream about for my Avant, albeit with a slightly smaller turbo for everyday use. Love the complete package, everything you look at has been tweaked, nice.

What did you do to get to and keep it to, the standard it is at now with the cleaning/ polishing of the inlet manifold and say the bracket to hold the throttle damper?

One of the videos might be of your car with a standard car beside it, they both move off at the same time with both accelerating at say 90% of their maximum respective abilities to illustrate the difference between yours and a standard one. The differential hardly needs to be shown, but it would be nice to see it for real none the less.

Enjoy the post three year bliss, and make sure it is fully immobilised when left unattended. Just read Clive H's post re his B5.

Kind regards.

Comment

Thoughts...

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
              The type of engine I dream about for my Avant, albeit with a slightly smaller turbo for everyday use. Love the complete package, everything you look at has been tweaked, nice.

Thanks a lot for your remarks. From the very beginning of my ownership, I've tried to keep a balance on this car. A little here and a little there. A lot here and a lot there. As far as the turbo goes, with the area under the curve being what it is, it really does handle like a chipped car on the street albeit one with close to 900 hp on tap. The job that Brendan Rudak did with the 034 EMS in the tuning has been absolutely superb. One of the things that Paul Krasusky, the guy who wrote the European Car magazine article, kept on saying was how smooth everything felt. The clutch feels heavy, but not too heavy. The suspension is firm but not jarring. It just goes on and on.

What did you do to get to and keep it to, the standard it is at now with the cleaning/ polishing of the inlet manifold and say the bracket to hold the throttle damper?

I've been polishing the aluminum bits on this car for many years. When you own something for 17 years you get to do a lot of stuff with it. When the car was down for 3 years on this latest build that gave me all the time and access I needed to polish many more things that you can't even see from above. These would include the oil pan, motor mounts, alternator cover starter bracket and the list goes on and on. I just started and alternated with things that I could handle and things I had to send out. Now there's a whole set of stories about the EPA Superfund Site of a polishing guy that I use in Denver. This is a place that you don't want to take even one breath in. The parts I had done were those that have that rough cast finish. Even these, my guy would send out to be media blasted before he started polishing them.

One of the videos might be of your car with a standard car beside it, they both move off at the same time with both accelerating at say 90% of their maximum respective abilities to illustrate the difference between yours and a standard one. The differential hardly needs to be shown, but it would be nice to see it for real none the less.

I'll see if that can be arranged although finding a relatively stock car might prove futile in Denver. I'm also gonna be doing some in car videos with acceleration runs and a few 60-130 mph runs.

Enjoy the post three year bliss, and make sure it is fully immobilised when left unattended. Just read Clive H's post re his B5.

Thanks for that suggestion. Lets just say I rarely leave the car and when I do you have to know how to get it going.

Kind regards.
              Hap, wit dakine thoughts not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Thanks for considered replies,

looking forward to the videos whenever they're posted.

Are all the cars in Dever tuned, or just very few of them?

(I don't get about much).

Can't appreciate graphs either, and so as a matter of interest to me when revs does it start to boost at say 1.5 to 2.0 bar?

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
                  looking forward to the videos whenever they're posted.

Are all the cars in Dever tuned, or just very few of them?

Yeah, almost all the turbo Audis in Denver have been tuned.

(I don't get about much).

Can't appreciate graphs either, and so as a matter of interest to me when revs does it start to boost at say 1.5 to 2.0 bar?

The car does 1.5 bar at 4200 rpm and 2.0 bar at 4600 rpm.

Kind regards.
                  I'll get the vdeos done soon.

Hap, wit dakine need foh da Veedeo not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Originally posted by S6Sputnik View Post

from what I saw of the spread I for one cannot wait to read it in proper magazine format she is looking sweet Hap!
                    I'm visiting family right now and just purchased the magazine myself. Although I had seen the scripted part I hadn't seen the entire piece put together. It really looks good. Krasusky did a great job with da prose.

Hap, wit dakine thoughts not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Can we also see the article over here in Europe?
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

What Billman says.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                          Can we also see the article over here in Europe?
                          Here's Apikol's Facebook page. This page has my article scanned. Brendan Rudak of Apikol did the tuning on my car and they also sell a lot of special parts for the C4, C5 and B5 Audis. I've got everything they make for the urS4 on my car.

http://www.facebook.com/Apikol?ref=ts

Hap, wit dakine Apikoling intentions not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Article...

Hey Guys

Here's an online view of the article about my car. Enjoy.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur..._s4/index.html

Hap, wit dakine articulation not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Originally posted by urs4guy View Post
                              Here's an online view of the article about my car. Enjoy.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur..._s4/index.html

Absolutely epic.
                              1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                              A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

please adopt me.........

Comment

Working...
                                X