No announcement yet.

Da Green Monstah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMFG that is an awesome amount of time and engineering being put into this looking really good!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      OMFG that is an awesome amount of time and engineering being put into this looking really good!
      The two collaborators on this project, Dave Jones and Teague Oliver, are truly gifted in what they do. Dave, a Welshman to boot is more knowledgeable about Audis than anyone I've ever talked to. I wouldn't have to be doing all this if it weren't for our projected 1,000 hp at the crank with this motor. One thing does lead to another and so on and so on...

Hap, wit dakine on and on not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

So no serious mods then.

Saw you car featured in, I think, the Golf + car magazine recently.

As a matter of interest, when did they do the feature with you compared to when it was published ? i.e. the lead time ?

Looking forward to future, (fantasy for me), updates on the thread.

Kind regards.

Comment

How have I not seen this thread before

This car is mental. Two points:

I see 2.1bar (31psi) in 2nd gear although it quickly starts bleeding off. But if gives that about 4500rpm and it's a baby turbo. Very impressive to see that out of a turbo with double the power potential! And I thought my 2nd gear was brutal...

Is that an A/C compressor I see? You built a 1,000hp urS4 and retained the A/C... for when the kids are in the back i assume?
          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
            So no serious mods then.

What are you talking about. It does have polished wheels ;>)

Saw you car featured in, I think, the Golf + car magazine recently.

As a matter of interest, when did they do the feature with you compared to when it was published ? i.e. the lead time ?

If my memory serves me I think it was something like 9-10 months. I remember being interviewed on the phone for several hours one day by a young lady from the magazine.

Looking forward to future, (fantasy for me), updates on the thread.

Kind regards.
            The completion of the front suspension and chassis stiffening will go along with the power potential. The motor is also getting its share of attention as well but that's a subject for another day.

Thanks, Hap

Comment

Ok, some "small" mods! Really impressing work there.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                How have I not seen this thread before

This car is mental. Two points:

I see 2.1bar (31psi) in 2nd gear although it quickly starts bleeding off. But if gives that about 4500rpm and it's a baby turbo. Very impressive to see that out of a turbo with double the power potential! And I thought my 2nd gear was brutal...

Is that an A/C compressor I see? You built a 1,000hp urS4 and retained the A/C... for when the kids are in the back i assume?
                I don't know Ross, how have you missed this thread??? First, second and third are all pretty mental/brutal. You can watch the tachometer for the shift point in third gear but its more of a timing thing in first and second.

Yes, up until now it has had the A/C but that's going away in this latest iteration. I have held out for no cage in the interior so all chassis stiffening will be under the car and not in the cabin.

Enjoy the pics, Hap

Comment

I've just recently been able to graph the analog data I had from the 755hp run so here ya go:

Boost is green, hp is blue and torque is red.

Hap, wit dakine colors not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

awesome welding job. Really like this project

Comment

Is it a road car?
                      Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                        Is it a road car?
                        It is absolutely a road car. A little firm riding but oh so exciting.

Hap

Comment

really interesting to see the custom subframe, I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics of the additional chassis stiffening
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            really interesting to see the custom subframe, I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics of the additional chassis stiffening
                            Say no more. I went by the sop today before we leave on our annual Christmas trip to SoCal and Teague , the fabricator said he had just finished the stiffening. The box rails have also been rosetta welded from above.

Front.

Midpoint.

Front to back.

Hap

Comment

Hey Guys

Just wanted to give a HUGE shout out to David in Dublin. He kindly rounded up 5 copies of the January 2012 GOLF + magazine that had a huge article on my car and sent them to me here in Colorado. Thanks soooo much David.

Hap, wit dakine thanks not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

I want one Hap.where can i get that?
                                one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Working...
                                X