No announcement yet.

Da Green Monstah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, I read about your car in Golf+ and have kept the article (I've read it about 10X!). Great to see the pic's on here. Not a lover of this shape but what a sleepr you have, bet your glad you got ride of your bm'er all those years ago! Ha

Comment

I answered a question on another post about girdles and ended sharing a lot of what's going on with my car right now so I thought I'd add it here as well.

After spinning our local dyno to the tune of 755hp, we took a very close look at things and discovered some interesting damage. We had actually twisted the block and destroyed the passenger side motorsport spec motor mount. As a result we've torn everything down and launched a multi-pronged effort to cure these issues.

First is a girdle and a heftier set of ARP studs. Another area that demanded attention was the minimal damage to the head from the head moving about the head studs that elongated their bores in the head. The remedy here is a heftier ARP stud with a bored out stud bore that will be lined with a steel liner. The girdle itself is a custom unit machined locally.

Next is the triple set of motor mounts that attach at 3 points going forward from mid of the transmission to the rear of the block, via a mid-plate, and at the front of the motor. These will lock that motor in place. In order to beef up the chassis to hold things together we had to go with a custom sub-frame and main frame reinforcement or it just wouldn't work. The results will speak for themselves but for now, I just have to wait to get everything back from vendors doing bits of work. The only really new mod for the engine is the custom billet crank that does take a long time. Also out is the CRB transmission which is getting a preventative refresh with Quaife limited slip for the front axles which will match up with the same for the rear diff.

Anyway sorry for the long answer but yes, I think a girdle is merited.

Hap, wit dakine girdle not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

IAT graphs of W/M injection vs Serpentine NOS spray bar for FMIC...

There was a request for an IAT log from my car and Brendan Rudak just sent one over:

MAT--manifold air temp

CLT---coolant temp

That run peaked at 30 lbs and tapered to 25 lbs. Notice how linear the temp is and how it falls during the pull. Also of note is the very flat coolant temp graph. Attributable to many things including the big oil cooler and the custom Ron Davis radiator. My car uses a NOS serpentine spray bar in front of my FMIC. The other guys are using W/M injection.

Here's one Edi posted in the same thread:

Hap, wit dakine coolness not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Very interesting project. Please tell me, do you have any pictures of adapters for mounting the rear calipers? Front suspension will remain on the old arm?

Comment

Originally posted by Topolini View Post
            Very interesting project. Please tell me, do you have any pictures of adapters for mounting the rear calipers? Front suspension will remain on the old arm?
            No, I don't have any pics of the rear BBK brackets. I will say that its all custom. Rear 993tt calipers with 2 piece 314x30 rotors. As for the suspension its also fully custom with a full A-arm chrome moly tube subframe with custom front sway bar.

Hap, wit dakine suspence not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Awesome. That will add to the stiffness of the front as well. Did you lower the total engine with this welded sub-frame as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                Awesome. That will add to the stiffness of the front as well. Did you lower the total engine with this welded sub-frame as well?
                Thanks. Yes, we did lower it a little and didn't lose clearance since I'll be going dry sump with the oil system. In the lowest pic you can see part of the lower chassis stiffening we undertook since I wouldn't allow a roll cage which the fabricator was insisting. This is s luxury street car after all.

Hap, wit dakine stiffness not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Hap,

imho, agree with your idea of keeping the inside as a street car, and strengthening the shell without the use of a cage inside the passenger compartment.

No fun banging ones head off an internal roll cage in the event of an accident. Can't wear a helmet for journeys on public roads.

Foam on a cage won't stop the bars denting one's head.

Looking forward to further photos and updates when they occur.

Kind regards.

Comment

How is the project coming along?

Comment

• How much did you end up dropping the engine in the end as this is something I may look into for one of mine, also did you move it back at all?

Keep up the good work

Comment

• Originally posted by ttaarrmmoo View Post
                        How is the project coming along?
                        Well its in the hands of my wrench. All the pieces are in but we're still trying to comp-lete the pieces for the dry sump. More to follow.

Hap, wit dakine update not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                          How much did you end up dropping the engine in the end as this is something I may look into for one of mine, also did you move it back at all?

Keep up the good work
                          Thanks. We didn't move it back for geometry reasons. We did drop it just a little. I don't have the numbers but will work on finding out.

Hap, wit dakine math not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

• Thanks mate

Comment

• I think the painter finally got the suspension painted last week.

Hap, wit dakine hope not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

• Has anyone ever asked about Your sigs, or do everyone just pretend to get them?
                                Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

Working...
                                X