Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
    Dont even put quality from Speedflow any where near Torques they are nothing alike.

Earls are the very best and again twice as expensive as speedflow. But you get what you pay for as Will said.
    Sorry you will never convince me speedflow are worth the money they charge when alternatives exist that for me a just as good

There is a veyr high power car using all torque uk fittings without issue and a similar one using speedflow and they leaked

Comment

• I've just used Torques UK fittings for my oil cooler, very impressed with them. I also purchased some of the cheap 'Chinese' eBay fittings for my breather/catch tank plumbing, figuring it's a low pressure application so they don't need to be aerospace quality. Now they've arrived and tried them I can honestly say there's not a lot wrong them, certainly over kill for a breather system but they do look nice, I've gone mostly for Black as they can be a bit garish.

Anyway, looking good Will..
      Last edited by K Simmonds; 6 December 2011, 23:14.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Nice work Will. So how long now till its rolling?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          Sorry you will never convince me speedflow are worth the money they charge when alternatives exist that for me a just as good

There is a veyr high power car using all torque uk fittings without issue and a similar one using speedflow and they leaked
          if they leaked they weren't put together properly!

I'm sure the torque uk stuff is fine, but from my experience, speedflow seems better, i have confidence in their products and I'm happy! i'm not trying to convince anyone but me, everyone has their own opinions
          1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Nice work Will. So how long now till its rolling?
            rolling soon hopefully! need to move the car around the garage to get my dads cabriolet in!

But it wont have brakes for a while...or an exhaust... I aim to get it fired up and on the floor over xmas all being well. think I have most the stuff in now to get it 90% there.

also body work to finish off/start!

the project is soon approaching the 1 year mark!

Comment

• Originally posted by willg54 View Post
              i have confidence in their products and I'm happy! i'm not trying to convince anyone but me, everyone has their own opinions
              this is the most important part
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Your see in a few years when the anodizing has gone to crap and the B nuts to turn them are all ruined and the seats are trashed.

I'll bring you some Earls fittings to Autosport and let you hit them with a hammer and then you can do the same to a cheaper item and see whats left of them after, i'll even give you my complete collection of AN fittings if i am wrong (3 full big boxes)
                Chef

Comment

Your see in a few years when the anodizing has gone to crap and the B nuts to turn them are all ruined and the seats are trashed.

I'll bring you some Earls fittings to Autosport and let you hit them with a hammer and then you can do the same to a cheaper item and see whats left of them after, i'll even give you my complete collection of AN fittings if i am wrong (3 full big boxes)
                  can i use a sledgehammer and win the 3 big boxes please? we wont use anything but earls at work!

Comment

• First and last torques i ever brought.

I was lucky that time

Chef

Comment

• i have images of that happening with my oil cooler and 10 seconds later...bye bye engine!

Its like with anything you really care about, always want the best you can get and try not to skimp too much.

Comment

First and last torques i ever brought.

I was lucky that time

That's shocking allright.

I used the forged type, can't see these snapping, glad I did now I've seen that.

Attached Files
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• humble pie! although it was the forged type I was going to buy, anyway Chef has convinced me to go Earls off forum, bar steward

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            humble pie! although it was the forged type I was going to buy, anyway Chef has convinced me to go Earls off forum, bar steward
                            the forged type are much stronger but much more restrictive in flow. great for tight spaces otherwise you should stick to the higher flow types.

Now who's spending the money!

Comment

• few more things

nice, faced off discs

mini paintshop in my garage! Having a go at spraying the front wing, can of paint is alot less than the body shop! tempted to buy 2pack and get the compressor out though...

Comment

• before i got pulled away this morning, i manged to torque all the driveshafts up, put the front discs and calipers on and sort out the fuel filter AV mounting!

Bring on the festive build Its also warm enough in the garage...glad its not snowing for once!

Comment

Working...
                                X