No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas,Andy i will need to ask you about breather mods when i have a good time to do it since i also have similar problem.on DD,there's no oil collected inside the separator.last week i had a night drive with ///M cars and i lost 300ml with redline shiftings within 30mins lol.
    I'm going to relocate the head breather outlet and putting the end tube between the cam lobe between cyl3&4.I hope this's going to fix my oil slosh effect.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Andy that's similar to mine. I moved the oil deflector from below the oil filler to the other cam. That area has lots of holes and the other holes are between the cam lobes.

http://tapatalk.com/tapatalk_image.p...aGVqZS5qcGc%3D

Comment

• The front connection us blocked and the rear of that pipe goes to a cyclone seperator with a drain to the sump. The seperator feeds a catch can that mostly collects water.

Comment

• The breather mod seems to work really well. Abused the car hard with launches and some drift on wet road, and this was all that came from the breather filter. Before it was like dripping oil from everywhere, the underside of the bonnet was covered in oil etc.

Here is also a small vid from today, 6th gear 60-120kmh test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Y46nsZlBI

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Cool low down grunt

Comment

• Not much happend with my UrS. Got a 90 degree 3.5-4" silicone reducer for my turbo intake. Will propably hold little better than the rubber one that looked more like a balloon on boost.

Also switched the HX40 super to custom billet 6568 HX40 turbo(again ). Car is going on dyno 25th day.

Have been little occupied with other things lately. My friend is building a Typ85 monster with HX55 etc... Did made a fuel cell for him. It did get quite big 70-80 liters, with direct fuel pump outputs. Not too easy task, espeacilly when you suck on welding ally. Maybe I will learn to weld it some day..?

Last edited by Thuppu; 13 May 2015, 13:30.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Wery nice work Good luck on the Dyno!

Comment

• did FIN turbo do your hx40 upgrade?
                  BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
                  DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

• Yes, it's modified by Finturbo.

Made rear wiper delete today. Car is something like a kg lighter now.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                      Yes, it's modified by Finturbo.

Made rear wiper delete today. Car is something like a kg lighter now.

very nice

Comment

• Soo, dyno was fun(a big dissapointment ). Well, there was few problems that cleared up some now. The dyno itself was really accurate in showing spikes in the power. The owner told, that it usually also shows less power than Bosch dynos. It uses Sisu diesel laboratory software and sensors. Anyway, it seems why I had so big power drop in the upper end last year when I was on dyno. There is some problems with the power output, spark problem..? I suspect the VEMS ecu, some noise and interference in the signals maybe..? Trigger problems, even that I don't get the trigger flag before 7000 rpm..?

Second problem seems to be the by pass valve, it seems to restrict the flow to the turbo. We got a 45hp power gain when I removed the 90 degree silicone elbow before the turbo, and it sucked air directly. The dyno guy didn't want to even try the max output before the trouble with the upper end is resolved. Now he tested max 2.3 bar. The dyno plot is 2 bar, and just the silicone removed before the turbo, the eaton is running in both plots. Also Eaton seems to warm up the air a bit, so of course it also has a effect on power.

But other ways the setup seems to work really smooth, and the torque gain is quite enormous. The drivability of the car is very nice and fun.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• back to the workshop than
                          your almost there..........
                          maybe a second ic between charger and turbo?
                          how hight was your intake temp?
                          audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                          TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                          AEM W/M injection

Comment

• I will try to make a bigger ~90mm valve, and planning to change the engine managment. I don't have the logs, but I earlier logged the temps and they seems to stay under 60 degrees.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Power graph looks better with much less peaky delivery. Just some small bits to do. Get your vems tested. May not be ecu at fault. What pickup and flywheel have you got.

Comment

• Some I5 supercharged sound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7S4Bwt7n4
                                Last edited by Thuppu; 30 May 2015, 17:01.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X