Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love it!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Some people have had problems with seeing the twincharge torque curve. It was barely visible on some screens. So I edited the colors a bit, it should be easy to see it properly now. There is two runns on the plot, first one with the supercharger and valve bypassed, and second with everything in use.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Everyone that I know that have had problems with triggerissue have changed to that 60-2 solution, and never had any problems since...
        http://webshop.cp-service.se/sv/537-...2-trigger.html
        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• The funny thing is that it isn't a clean trigger error, you can't hear any cutting. But yes, the 60-2 trigger could be the solution anyway...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I have had some trigger errors, nothing that affected the performance but with a high end motor like yours I wouldn't gamble
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• I run stock triggers on my car with maxxecu. After i changed flywheel from 7A to alu flywheel i haven't had any issues. Works fine

Comment

• those are some crazy tunes
                I don't know which sound I love more ... front end or rear

but definitely those second run curves look way better, regardless of peek power loss

u'r just teasing me on that supercharger setup

Comment

• First dyno run we did was something like 501hp, and this was with the same tune that I got 609hp on a different dyno last year and without the supercharger. So if the supercharger makes a ~45hp loss maybe the power isn't much less than before. We did now leave 507hp/601Nm with 2.3 bar boost. Hope to get the top end issue resolved soon...

Have heard that this dyno, I was on, usually shows quite low results. It have been disappointing to many.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Of course you can´t compare result between different dynos but that I already think that you know
                    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Thomas,what is your expectations on power level when evrything is sorted?Damn i like this project

Comment

• Better I'm not expecting anything. 7xx have been a dream, and maybe it stays so..?

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I hope you will sort it out soon mate.This is my favorite threat over here

Comment

• well yes, you should deal with those spikes first
                            but it's still confusing if supercharger is taking power off on peak rpms and bypass walve is ok
                            it's hard to believe it miss air ... that elbow you took off is placed between supercharger and turbine?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post

Second problem seems to be the by pass valve, it seems to restrict the flow to the turbo. We got a 45hp power gain when I removed the 90 degree silicone elbow before the turbo, and it sucked air directly.
                              Do you happen to have a before and after photo of this issue to more fully appreciate it ?

Thanks either way.

Comment

• Yes, I couldn't think of that it would restrict because the supercharger is flowing quite a lot of air itself, and then there is a by pass valve that isn't so small. I have never before tried to run without the intake pipe, maybe the whole pipe is causing restriction..? It's 3.5" in diameter though. The supercharger is always making some heat, so that also can have an effect on the power...

Priba and mac, you can see the elbow I removed in this pic, in the lower left corner. And the dyno plot shows the difference, run number one is without it. Of course the car is a lot faster with the supercharger, only missing some peak power.
                                Last edited by Thuppu; 3 June 2015, 07:32.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X