X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snug!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
      Thanks pop. I'm also satisified with the stance. A little bit of rubbing somewhere, but the wheels are little oversized.

Had little time today, so I did mount the pre-charge-cooler.

always looking forward to your updates
      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
      AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
        always looking forward to your updates
        It would also be nice to get an update in peak power sometime.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Thomas do you have a cage in your urs4 avant? Also I think the stance is spot on.
          She looks good the only difference I'm going with on mine is 17" wheels vs. 18"
          wheels. I think the only thing missing on the exterior is the hatch spoiler. What do
          you think my best bet would be for an intercooler if using a euro bumper. It seems
          if I use a 3.5"-4.5" core that I was planning it won't fit especially with keeping the a/c
          condensor.

Comment

• Yes it have a cage. The CH's are 19". Have been looking for a rust free hatch with spoiler, but then again, I'm not sure if it will look better with the rear spoiler..?

Would be really difficult to fit a 4" intercooler with aircon condenser in a euro bumper. I have a small 300x450x76 IC and I had to cut my bumber quite a lot. Also moved the radiator 20mm backwards.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Maxxecu is up and running. Sure it was PnP, just pop in the AAN basemap, choose injectors and fuel and fire up. Checked the timing with strobegun and made a small correction. But there is still some issues, I get a trigger error here and then. Got it a lot better what it was first as there is adjustments for them. But the car is fully drivable...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Cool display!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post

Have been looking for a rust free hatch with spoiler, but then again, I'm not sure if it will look better with the rear spoiler?
                  imho, I think it would look better with the oem spoiler tailgate. But either way, source the tailgate with the spoiler as then you can decide either way at your leisure.

These hatches and other parts are getting rarer, so keep looking and get one for "stock".

Enjoy.

Comment

• Is that maxxecu display on your iPad? That looks pretty cool.

Comment

• Got a little busy to work this morning. Started the car but it didn't fire up, it didn't even promise. Had to get the laptop and add more crank- and cold start enrichment, something like + 200%. No problem after that, got to work almost in time.

The tablet is just a cheap 8" china android tab with BT(Cube Talk 8x). MDash works great on it. Just have to make a proper mount for it.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Yea it looks cool and shows a lot of data in real time which is real good.
                        You going to try to integrate it into the dash? Also did you do the tube bending
                        and welding for your cage or you had a cage builder do your car? I'd like to see
                        more interior shots.

Comment

• You can find pics of the rollcage earlier in this thread: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=49424&page=92

Then a question about ecu tuning. I seem to have now some rattle and bang in the exhaust when lifting the trottle with a gear in and car rolling... Feels like fuel is going thru the engine. What setup/parameter should I be looking for to cut off the fuel when lifting the throttle?

Edit. Now when I google about the fueling, it seems that it is related to "overrun fuel cut". Ok, now need to figure out how to set it up.

Edit2. First start vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHfVXbXzG0
                          Last edited by Thuppu; 8 July 2015, 09:36.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Was a good day today. Couldn't get trigger errors to appear anymore, the ECU seems to work really nice, and it has so nice features... Fun that the sound of the car is totally different, almost sounds like an bike when idling.

Did also a small mount for the tablet...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Nice

Wery nice Did you adjust the trigger voltage? Or the fault went away by itself..?

Comment

• Thanks. Yes, adjusted the voltage. It clearly need more than yours. Thanks for the PM reply BTW.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X