UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
    From reading the link in the above post, the person could have also switched to a 120amp alternator, and bought a 15v regulator.

I've put a 15v regulator on all of my cars and found no issues. Windscreen wipers, dash lights, horn, fuel pump, electric windows, etc. are that much 'better'.

YMVV.

Yes, I found that there is 15V regulators available, but this mod cost me 90 cents(which was a robbery of one diode). In UrS4 it's also like 1min job to take out the regulator.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• hmmm, another mod on my list ... tnx 😉

Comment

• What make was this regulator?
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• It was an "no brand". There was no text or numbers on it.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Soo, here is an small update on the power figures, 624hp/737Nm.

The supercharger will propably eat some of the power, but you can't get anything for free. The owner told that on a Bosch dyno the result will be something like 700hp/800Nm... Would be nice to try to see if it's true. Anyhow, the car has never before been so fast as now. In fact it's quite sick.

First the power seemd to stuck at 560hp. But then we tried stiffer springs in the WG and directly gained 50hp. Would propably have been giving a few hp more, but started to get proplems with the fueling. The fuel was burning hot, and maybe a pump started to die or the filters was glogged, it suddenly started to go lean in the upper end. Feeled that the one pump was hotter than the other. Couldn't hold my hand on the pumps.

Started to be problems with the charge temps also. 70+ celsius degrees seemd too much. When spraying water on the IC the temps hold at ~60C. Feeled also that the small IC after the supercharger restricted some as the turbo spoolup was worse than before.
            Last edited by Thuppu; 14 July 2015, 19:27.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• BTW, Maxxecu worked like charm. No problems there. Really nice ECU.

Did this 86mm one-way valve the day before, and it seemd to work better than the smaller one. Now the silicone hose on the turbo intake didn't try to collapse, so not soo much vacuum in the intake pipe when the turbo spools up.

Hope this will help the fuel temps a bit. Had these bits from before but didn't have the time to fit them.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Great results!!

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghdQs4xjXE

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• In the end of the video it is sucking the Filter->Turbo hose in. Not much to cause issues but it is visible.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Yes a little bit. Not much if compared to how it was before with the smaller valve. Also on supercharger boost it's like an balloon.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I'm going to have to start from about page 50 to catch up on one of my favourite projects

Comment

• Jesus christ that sounds angry. Absolute animal.
                          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• nice dyno vid
                            would it not be better if you can turn on and turn off your compressor?(with elec clutch)
                            I think this gives better performance and lower inlet temperature.....
                            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                            AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Sure it would be better, but who will make me a same size and offset pulley with a clutch that holds when turning on and off at 4000-5000rpm?

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Just caught up! bloody hell impressive. You were bang on to ditch vems. vems is ok but audi trigger sucks really need to use 60-2 with VEMS. looking forwards to seeing some powah vids of this beast

Comment

Working...
                                X