No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressurize intake and spray ISV with soap water.
    It will probably start to bubble...
    Fixable with some glue...

This car looks like something fun to map.
    I will send you some base software so you can run it in without N75 connected
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Got a fast e-mail reply from Geir(Rosten) about the camgear. There have been some defect ones abroad... He sends me a new center part for it tomorrow.

Dmitri, thanks.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Spended few hours with the car this morning. The check engine light turned on almost immediately at ~3-4k rpm's. Seems to not affect the boost, no cuts. Wasn't able to pull out the codes, there is somehing wrong with my laptop, can't get access with VAG-COM. Same problem with my BMW interface/softwares also... The cable is reconized by windows and the ligts turn on when the cables is connected to the cars. Both VAG-COM and the BMW interface use the same driver.

Tried to use my old harddrive with full windows and BMW-softwares also but with same result. It has been unused for about two years, without any updates. Must be some problem with the hardware, usb-port..?

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

why don't you use a blink code to find what is the problem?
          it is easy , you need one wire on s4..

Comment

Didn't remember at the moment how to get the blink codes... But I got the VAG-COM working and got the codes out. There was nothing serious. The unplugged evap-solenoid was the reason for the engine check light to turning on and it had left a faulty code.

Here is a pic of the breather separator. I propably put a breather filter on the separator outlet. K&N have big enough, the filter needs to have a 32mm inlet.
            Last edited by Thuppu; 21 June 2011, 06:24.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Now the camgear spins perfect. http://koti.mbnet.fi/pro-ht/Audi_URS...unning-new.mp4

Car is almost assembled. Only some small things to do, and of course need to do the big (RS4)MAF conversion, change the injectors, fuel pump and remap. Did a small mod for the IC:

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                Pressurize intake and spray ISV with soap water.
                It will probably start to bubble...
                Fixable with some glue...
                Today I made the leak test and had a few minor leaks. The ISV was perfect, no leaks here. One leak at the small hose that goes from intake manifold to bypass vent, new clamp - fixed. Small leak between intake man and throttle body, new sealing, torqued the bolts little more - fixed. Minor leak on intake hose that fitts throttle body, put a new clamp - fixed.

Then the funniest thing, I know this leak, has leaked here before. Small leak from throttle body axle, pressurized 1,5bar and heard a small klick and the leak is gone..? What kind of sealing is it on the throttle flap axle?

Well, the idle is now better and workin ok at most, but it's not perfect. It still humping randomly and the engine stalled two times on the test run, but it defenitly work better than before.

Edit. Ok, did two test runs and one faulty code appers every time:

00513 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28)
                27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
                Readiness: N/A

The engine has been running when I pull out the codes. I also cleared the codes before the new test run. Few engine stallings happend...
                Last edited by Thuppu; 25 June 2011, 14:55.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Cleaned the sensor and the connector. Didn't get the faulty code anymore.

Today arrived the "big" MAF.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Congrats on the MAF.

If you have Engine Speed Sensor errors, then that means it's not receiving trigger sometimes.
                    Check the wiring, make sure there are no wires that cause interference close to the signal, make sure the grounds are good...
                    If all else fails, change the sensor, but I am pretty sure it's not the sensor's fault.

Comment

• In the morning when I came from work one boost hose popped of(had to change it when I get a new one, it's too short). I unplugged the MAF so I could drive home... Guess what, the idle was perfect, no problem with engine stalling. I went for sleep for a few hours and after that I tried to start the car with the MAF unplugged, but when cold it wouldn't idle at all. So the idle problem could be a MAF issue?

Also the cambelt is irritating, it drift to the front edge of the camgear. Don't know what causes that but I made a 1mm shimm between the cear and the center part. Now it sits much nicer.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Realized yesturday it was the last day to show the car at the MOT test. I had a little bit hurry because I had to be at work at the afternoon. Had to change the exhaust to stock one with the cat's. Also the right front joint boot was totally broken so we had to replace it also. Only the brakes failed the MOT test, exhaust fumes was good and everything else also. Right front caliper seemed to leak(I did know this) and the brake power was a little bit lower than on left side. Also the handbrake was totally out of order, like always with these. Well, I have now a month to repair the handbrake and switch the HP2 brakes to the front.

Also got the K&N for the breather:

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I like your catch can install, looks very neat.

Comment

• Thanks.

Tested a RS2 MAF today to solve the idle trouble. Well now the idle is much better, but when driving and going on boost the afr goes all too lean. Hmmm... Must soon get the bigMAF into action.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Mapping a GT30R car on Bosch EV14's atm. I can give you a copy of the software, it might run half-decently, so you can at least drive it around
                              Car is looking good, keep up the good work.

Comment

• Hehe, the engine bay maybe looks ok, but you may think otherwise when you see the outside of the car, it looks like crap.

Dmitri, I PM'd you.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X