No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you probably know more than me, but from my understanding, the less oil pressure you see, the more wear you have on the bearings, hence the flow of the oil is 'easier' through them and therefore the pressure is low. This is what i have understood, and at the end of the day, its what audi says for the specific engine. If at any point the oil pressure goes lower than 1.8bar during driving, you should stop immediately!

It doesnt say during idle though.

Comment

• Oil pressure does not equal lubrication see the oilman thread

Comment

• i know that.
        hence what i wrote.

Comment

• Comment wasn't for you

Comment

• ahh unagi!!!

Comment

• Didn't found anything wrong under the valvecover, how do you even test the lifters? Well, I don't think it's a lifter problem anyway... Nothing wrong with the pas pump and alternator either. I decided to lift out the whole engine and check the bearings and other things. Everything is ready for the engine liftout but I need to get a engine lift first. Can't use a winch from the roof in this garage.

Didn't have anything to do in the night shift last week when the laser-machine was cutting for several hours so I decide to mod the stock wastegate a bit. Didn't take pics before so you can't see the difference, but I hope it will flow better than stock. It was not possible to increase much the size of the vent without changing the valve and ring, only 34mm -> 35mm but I made some other improvements(I hope ) in the shape...

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Re-checked the valevelifters and it seems that there is one bad after all. Or what do you think of this?

Anyway, I did buy all new lifters. There was some others also that yield down a bit when pressed from above.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• You have really bad luck with your car... Oh well.
                  I hope it was just the lifter going and it will be good now.
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• This may be due to lack of oil pressure?

Comment

• Oilpressure on the stock gauge, warm idle ~1,5bar, on revs 3,5-4bar. In real life a ~0,5bar more on high rpm's. Well we see soon if it was the lifter that made noise. The engine oil hadn't any metal or any other particles in it when I drain it out so I'm confident on this one...

Like you see in the first pic, the right lifter is stuck, it sits lower than the others. The noise sounded like it came from the middle part of the engine and this was the 3:rd cyl ex lifter so lets hope it is it.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• hope that fixed it mate

Comment

• I have never seen that low oilpressures even with 150°C oil temp. It won't cost many € to have the oilpump redone at a mashine shop just for safety.

Comment

• Low? I tought 4 bar is normal pressure on these engines..? But, pleas tell more about the pump overhaul, what can be done with it and where can it be done? I have had in mind to change the pump gear to a more durable cr-mo gear. It should hold for more rpm's than the stock one.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Measure pressure with mechanical gauge. 1,5 bar sounds too low for re-build engine.

Comment

• I had 1,5 bar with 10/40 oil with everything new in the engine..
                                almost 2,5 at idle with kendall 10/50 racing oil

Comment

Working...
                                X