No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, but he got a better time. I was talking with the guy later and the car can go low 10's.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• S4 C4 650hp did 11.4 @ 205km/h.
      Driver did all the gearchanges correct though.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Dmitri, do you remember the 60ft time?

BTW, in the last run the gearbox was becoming really stiff and sticky, I missed the 3rd gear because of that. What can cause that? Yesturday the gearbos feeled normal again.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Shift collars and syncros?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yes, would propably need some maintance, but why normal again? Oil are not so old Redline MT-90.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I had the same problem with mine Thomas,now i cant engage first

Poslato sa G7-L01 uz pomoć Tapatoka

Comment

• Yesturday we changed Schrick cams in. Clocked them to Schrick spec, exhaust cam 0.9mm and intake 0.8mm. Before was 7A cams in factory marks. Can't yet say anything about the difference, but we shall see in a couple of days. The cold start idle is a little bit heavier than before, but other wise really hard to tell any difference.

At some point I will again move on with the rear rad mount and bigger intercooler. Propably after the holidays..? Also the SC modifications need to be done. The IAT temps are just too much. At 90C degrees the timing is reduced by 3 degrees, at 100C 4 degrees, so there will be quite a loss in power at those IAT levels. 1/4 mile time could sertainly be better with only fixing this problem.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                  Yesturday we changed Schrick cams in. Clocked them to Schrick spec, exhaust cam 0.9mm and intake 0.8mm. Before was 7A cams in factory marks. Can't yet say anything about the difference, but we shall see in a couple of days. The cold start idle is a little bit heavier than before, but other wise really hard to tell any difference.

At some point I will again move on with the rear rad mount and bigger intercooler. Propably after the holidays..? Also the SC modifications need to be done. The IAT temps are just too much. At 90C degrees the timing is reduced by 3 degrees, at 100C 4 degrees, so there will be quite a loss in power at those IAT levels. 1/4 mile time could sertainly be better with only fixing this problem.
                  The IAT is irrelevant. You are measuring it in the wrong place.
                  The timing pull is also irrelevant for this same very reason and should not even be used.

The real IAT is when the E85 hits the IM from the injector and cools the temperature down by 50C or more...

If you want to see happy IAT numbers or you are worried that the compressor outlet temp is getting so high that it can cause something to melt, then simply fit a 6th injector into the intake, feed it from the same E85 as goes to your rail.
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Ok, I was avare that e85 isn't so sensitive for high temps than normal fuel, but didn't know it will cool down the temps so much. So it's safe to change timing IAT correction settings to zero up to 100C..? There are not much more that can melt than my turbo. Already lost the glued type plate on the compressor housing, the glue has melted off.

And that 6th injector idea is quite clever, thanks. I may try it out.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Interested in the difference the cams make?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                        Yes, would propably need some maintance, but why normal again? Oil are not so old Redline MT-90.
                        It's the gear design. When you miss a gear, you damage the gear teeth and they get a little smeared, hence the distance between individual teeth reduces. I have a pretty tough 1st-2nd gear, if I miss any of those it becomes very hard to stick it in 1st or 2nd. With time it returns back to normal because the teeth grind back and the distance between each tooth returns to the way it was. Very pronounced it is on earlier 01E boxes. If you decide to change your 1-2 shift collar, current one will arrive upgraded, Audi fixed it on later boxes.

I find it hard to pick words to describe this, I could easily do it in my native language. Hope it was understandable.

Comment

• What is EGT after a 1/4 run? Where do you measure it?
                          Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
                          10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
                          FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

• I don't know, never looked at the EGTs as they have never been an issue. Propably something like 900-950C..? Measuring from the manifold collector before the turbo. I don't yet have the EGT connected to the ECU, only to VEMS round gauge, so I can't log it. Next manifold will have EGT bungs on all runners.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• When using E85 it makes more sense to use safety features based on EGT rather than IAT.
                              For example my S4 IAT is 60-65c on hot summer days, but EGT is max 800c when using Ethanol (2.7bar boost). Never heard any knock.
                              When using gasoline IAT is 60-65c on hot summer days, but EGT is max 900c (2.1bar boost). It's just a little below knock treshold.
                              300x600x76mm core size chinese intercooler is on its limits and i am not using WI.
                              What does the Vems round show on a long run?
                              Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
                              10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
                              FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

• The EGT creeps up to ~900C. I don't remember exact figures, you never look at the gauge when on full WOT.

One more question about the "Fuel IAT correction". Is it only a engine start parameter or is it in use always? Havn't gone lean though...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X