No announcement yet.

Andyg's Colgate Wagon Project thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done Andy, glad you're enjoying it again....
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• wagon

good to hear you got it sorted andy il have it bck netime

Comment

• Well done Andy. About time too. Just dont get to comfy in it, would hate to see a Jakes all over the interior now you can eat and drive at the same time without fear of the boost cut throwing the food around.... the brake pedal pressed at the wrong moment will do that to you too lol

Comment

• Cheers fellas nice to get some encouragement !

Comment

• Nice to see you've found your problem! Now it's time to enjoy and enjoy looking at that really lovely colour
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• ☺️great news I know all about hunt the boost leak, nightmare game, been fixing things on mine for a year finnaly think I'm there too happy times ahead. Now just gotta stop the power steering fluid leak😳

Comment

• Good work, glad it's working properly. Putting a slightly restrictive back box on seems to work well; just ditch the centre box now, as it'll not be doing anything. Sounds quite similar to my system. Might lose a pony or two but at least the restriction is in a more sensible place. You could always get a cutout valve, like I have, to give you that full on rally car sound on demand.
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Trouble is the centre box is welded in and to be honest I love the noise and engine note as they are I think il quit whilst ahead ! Be allowed to take it round Combe this year now !

Comment

• Been years since I updated this thread, the old girl has been going well apart from a recent problem with the clutch pedal sticking on the floor which I’m not ruling out the brake bomb, reason being I keep finding the brake reservoir dropping really low so the clutch pipe is drawing in air. The bottom of the bomb is always wet so going to go down Alex’s route and do a delete with adding a servo. Got an almost new sre clutch to go in so this time I’m pulling the lump out and taking my time. Il update when I can..... still love this car!

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Glad to hear it's still screaming about!

Hydraulic system and brake system are separate, so the bomb won't affect the clutch.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC
                        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Yes but the reservoir decides to go low after a drive so low it goes below the pipe attached to it for the master cylinder, I look underneath and the bomb is wet , whilst the lump is out I want to fit Error’s brake conversion and upgrade anyway
                          just finding the time now seem to have less and less these days....

Comment

• No turning back now! Nice to be able to take my time on this unlike rushing and outdoors like last time I had the lump out.
                            so the coolant was pretty murky and had oil present, attempted to flush out a while back using lemon acid and must of flushed for a good hour but the oil came back so decided it’s head gasket time
                            so it’s 2020 are we all still of the opinion of victor reinz metal head gasket and arp studs are the way forward?
                            Am I to get the head skimmed ? I ask as I work for Mercedes and they should not be and I’ve heard of others the same. Best get the head pressure tested I guess, it’s sub 90k But rs2+ spec
                            is there a guide anywhere of torque settings? Sequence of head bolts etc

cheers guys!
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Get the head off and tested. Hopefully not porous and get it skimmed. Reinz gasket and rebuild the head while off the motor. Certainly get the valve stem oil seals done. All the details for the torque settings are online.
                              91 Modded 3B
                              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• One quite dirty looking engine bay so whilst the lump is out I want to address this, get everything as clean as possible
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X