Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any suggestions for a 600hp engine, fully machined,just like new with only around 1000kms done. the current setup revs easily to 7500rpm redline with maximun power by 7500rpm , but with different ecu setup can rev easily to 8700rpm...

wich oil to use in Spain in summer and winter time??

sumer timer we reach +40ºC and in wintertime we can reach easily -6ºC....

so i think that the best choice is change the oil 2 times a year changing like the wheater?? or is it not neccesary??

the current engine´s oil is 0/40 ...but it comes from one of the coldest europe countries.... Latvia¡¡ so i think that in Spain i need something different true or not??

i would like a very reliable oil for it for take many cares with the engine and turbo

thanks in advance oil Man
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Hi

I would say a good 5w-40 would probably be the way to go, unless you are getting high (over 125C) oil temps, then a 10w-50 is the best choice.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx
      http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-659-10w-50.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition and they are all good for normal and hard use.

Cheers

Tim
      Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
      oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
      email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
      phone: 01209 202944

Comment

• Dear Mr. Oilman.

Need your advice since I am contemplating between brands.
        My ADU and ABY is purely stock. I wonder if you heard of Liqui-Moly or maybe they are called Lubro-Moly somewhere else. I checked with Audi TSB that the Toptec4100 is in the list, so does the Synthoil High Tech 5W-40. Both are fully synthetic and grade 5W-40. the Toptec4100 is expensive by $15.00 compare to the Synthoil.
        Environment temperature here is averagely 27deg - 35deg.

or go for a Castrol Edge 5W-40 or Mobil1 5W-40.
        I never use Shell fully synth before where its really common here.

Which can you advise on which to use for a common service interval of 12,000KM.
        Attached Files
        2002 A3 8L
        2005 TT 3.2 Quattro
        2007 A4 Avant B7 (hers)
        2009 100 C4
        2009 A6 Avant (hers)
        2010 RS2
        2010 S2 Saloon
        2011 KTM SuperDuke 990 Olive Green

Comment

• Hy Simon!
          Sorry to bother please!
          What you think about the Motul 6100 15w50?
          Is ok...or will cause problems in a ~400hp 20v turbo engine running at drags?
          Thank you!
          Eugen

Comment

• Originally posted by bad8008 View Post
            Dear Mr. Oilman.

Need your advice since I am contemplating between brands.
            My ADU and ABY is purely stock. I wonder if you heard of Liqui-Moly or maybe they are called Lubro-Moly somewhere else. I checked with Audi TSB that the Toptec4100 is in the list, so does the Synthoil High Tech 5W-40. Both are fully synthetic and grade 5W-40. the Toptec4100 is expensive by $15.00 compare to the Synthoil.
            Environment temperature here is averagely 27deg - 35deg.

or go for a Castrol Edge 5W-40 or Mobil1 5W-40.
            I never use Shell fully synth before where its really common here.

Which can you advise on which to use for a common service interval of 12,000KM.

Hi

I'm not a big fan of the Liqui Moly oils. They are pretty average oils with one of their aftermarket additives mixed with it. You're better going for a very good synthetic, that probably costs about the same. Something like the Castrol Edge would be fine if you don't have access to oils like the Millers CFS, Fuchs, Redline etc.

Cheers

Tim
            oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
              Hy Simon!
              Sorry to bother please!
              What you think about the Motul 6100 15w50?
              Is ok...or will cause problems in a ~400hp 20v turbo engine running at drags?
              Thank you!
              Eugen
              Hi Eugen

It's an okay oil, but not something I'd use in a 400bhp car. It's a mineral based oil, so it's not as good at dealing with hard use as a proper synthetic oil. It's cheap, but if something goes wrong, that isn't cheap.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by oilman View Post
                Hi

I'm not a big fan of the Liqui Moly oils. They are pretty average oils with one of their aftermarket additives mixed with it. You're better going for a very good synthetic, that probably costs about the same. Something like the Castrol Edge would be fine if you don't have access to oils like the Millers CFS, Fuchs, Redline etc.

Cheers

Tim
                How about the degradation on the engine parts or quick traces of oil coming off from the cover gasket?
                Is this possible for not using the good synthetic ones, any one has experience on using them?
                when it comes to price, it is actually a give and take, the benefit is that Liqui Moly do come in 5Litre bottles with a reasonable price where as the Castrol's are generally in 4Litre bottles.
                2002 A3 8L
                2005 TT 3.2 Quattro
                2007 A4 Avant B7 (hers)
                2009 100 C4
                2009 A6 Avant (hers)
                2010 RS2
                2010 S2 Saloon
                2011 KTM SuperDuke 990 Olive Green

Comment

• I really wish Castrol had the sense to sell oil in 5L containers, they would sell so much more. It's over to you as to what to go fro, but I'd go for the Castrol.

Comment

• i have a question..

which oil works perfectly rs2 gearbox?

thanks all answers

Comment

• I'd probably go for the Redline MT90

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1020-red...5w-90-gl4.aspx

Comment

• I want a definite answer..Do you have used this oil in own rs2?what use or uses.

Comment

• Having a NA 2.3, with minor mods, was seeing 140-150 regular from fast road/ track days, contemplated an oil cooler, but went the route of mobil 5w-50, And its noticeably better. She still gets warm, but cools and responds far better.

V Good delivery too Opie, thanks.
                          05 Allroad
                          05 Seat Alhambra

Comment

• Originally posted by fatiii View Post
                            I want a definite answer..Do you have used this oil in own rs2?what use or uses.

I don't have an RS2, unfortunately, I deal with all kinds of cars and sell oils.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tap Towers View Post
                              V Good delivery too Opie, thanks.
                              Glad you like the service

Comment

• Oilman, I would love your advice please.
                                I own a standard Audi RS2 which is daily driven done 213,000kms (130,000 miles?)

I am currently using a Total 9000 SM 5w40 (full synthetic), what would be the pros and/or cons of going for either a full synthetic 5w30 or a 10w40? Which would slow oil consumption? Which would hold the better oil pressure when warm/hot? And which would wear the least?

Currently here in New Zealand it is summer time air temps getting into the early 30's C, the oil temp of my car rarely gets above 60C, but the water gets to 90C.
                                Last edited by Golfboy666GTI; 17 January 2011, 19:30.
                                1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
                                1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Working...
                                X