Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very good stuff, a true pao synthetic. You will have no problem with it.

Cheers

Guy
    Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
    oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944

Comment

• Hi, I used to put some mutul 300V 15w50 in my s2 3b (stage 1 from ultimot.de)
      Last time I give a try to igolf F1 Ceramic 10W60 : runs good for the moment

What do you think ?
      91' S2 3B Pearl White

Comment

• I have read somewhere that the 300V loses it's properties very fast and that's why it's not the best for a road car.
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Sent an e-mail regards this but had no reply concerning the quantity of oil in your service pack for the 3.0 V6 TDi..., they take 8 litres including the filter housing not 6. Hope you can amend on the website before next service. Cheers
          1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
          2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
          2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

• Originally posted by vertigone View Post
            Hi, I used to put some mutul 300V 15w50 in my s2 3b (stage 1 from ultimot.de)
            Last time I give a try to igolf F1 Ceramic 10W60 : runs good for the moment

What do you think ?
            300v is very good, just give it plenty of time to warm up as the 15w is not the best for cold start.

Dont bother with 10w-60 as its just too thick when hot.

Cheers

Guy
            oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
              I have read somewhere that the 300V loses it's properties very fast and that's why it's not the best for a road car.
              It is verry good, will last around 10,000 miles or once a year what ever comes first.

They dont advertise it for road cars as they want you to buy their 8100 range for that.

Cheers

Guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20Vcqdriver View Post
                Sent an e-mail regards this but had no reply concerning the quantity of oil in your service pack for the 3.0 V6 TDi..., they take 8 litres including the filter housing not 6. Hope you can amend on the website before next service. Cheers
                Hi,

Yes I saw that, I believe it is being dealt with. We are re-launching our website and hopefully that will have the correct amount.

Cheers

Guy

Comment

• Guy, can you shed some light on ZDDP?
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Sure, what do you want to know? In the main its a big non issue.

Cheers

Guy

Comment

• Just that I read that synthetics with high ZDDP levels with high phosphor content were better at protecting the high speed components, i.e. valve train etc. Then the US government stopped the manufacturers from using it in the levels they would want to as the phosphor made the catalytic convertors less efficient or somthing?
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• The levels of ZDDP have kind of been reduced slowly over the years, the only ones with really lows levels of ZDDP are the API SM specification oils, however in these oils antiwear has been replaced with something else, ZDDP is not the only option. "Classic" oils contain around 1000ppm ZDDP but the ones with the most are the ester based synthetics hanging around 1400ppm.

Cheers

Guy

Comment

• Have been using Castrol TWS 10W-60 for a while now, and seems to be quite nice oil. My oilpressure rised 0,5 bar when I change to this oil(from Shell 5W-50). Is there any reason I should not use this? Many 2.2 20vt drivers here in Finland seems to use this oil without any issues.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• The TWS is a good quality oil, however you dont need an SAE60. Next time try a good 10w-50 if one is availabe to you.

Cheers

Guy

Comment

• [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

• Very good stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X