Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If not look for the Silkolene Pro 4 Plus 10w-50, it's the bike version.....same thing basically

Cheers
    Guy
    Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
    oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944

Comment

Dear oilman,

We have a problem here in lebanon with oils , most of the 6 cylinders cars is drinking oil like crazy no matter which oil we are using.. audi v6 bmw 6 cylinders and mercedes too , all is missing from change to change like 2 liters... , and we wonder what is the reason for that , we used castrol , and motul , and wintershell , and still the same resulet.. , what i wonder is , the oil price here is much cheaper even its the same kind brand as the one which u have in europe and the price is like 60% cheaper..

is it the oil we are getting here is low quality? or what is the reason its cheaper and that the cars is drinking it.. ,and not just that after few hundred kilometers the oil become black not anymore gold colored..

any advices?

Comment

Hard to tell whats causing it, how much is being used over say 1000km and also what viscosities are being used?

Cheers

Guy
        oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers

Comment

Exol Optima

What Is Your Opinion On Exol Optima 5w-40 Is It Any Good ?
          I Can Get A Good Deal On It But Don't Want To Use It If It's Rubbish.

Comment

Dont know much about it to be honest, have you got a linky to it somewhere?

Cheers

Guy

Comment

hey

this is the oil recomended for my motor.
              so. why should i change de viscosity if the manufacturer recomend that ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Thats just one of the recommended grades. As you can see it lists all sorts for variaous climates and it is ultimately a guide.

Cheers

Guy

Comment

Hey mate
                  Advice appreciated
                  Audi S2 ABY Oct 93 build
                  RS2 injectors, RS2 Stage 3 turbo etc
                  Live in Canberra. Coming into summer. Expecting 30-35 degree celcius ambient temp on regular basis. Head just rebuilt. Stock bottom end. 180000km on the clock.
                  I have previously been running Castrol R 10W-60
                  What should I run? I change my oil every 5-6000km
                  Cheers
                  Karl
                  Oz
                  Oct 93 build MY 94 ABY Kingfisher Blue Audi S2 with MD147 turbo :mischeif:u SOLD
                  Audi 90 Quattro 20V 1989 7A
                  Audi TTRS 2010 APR stage 2 +
                  Triumph 675 Street Triple R

Comment

Any advice on oil required, please feel free to ask as I can help you

You will also find some useful info on my website here

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-681-car-oils.aspx

All the best for 2009

Cheers
                    Guy

Comment

• Hello, what do you think about Motul 300V Le Mans 20W60 on a RS2 and also on a S2 ABY? Now on my RS2 I have Castrol RS 10W60 but I have also try before the Motul.

Alessio
                      My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                      Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                      Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                      Audi S2 Avant
                      Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

• Oh no, way too thick!

15w-50 or 10w-50

Motul 300V Comp 15w-50 would be better

Cheers
                        Guy

Comment

• As oilman says, go for Motul 300V Comp 15w-50.
                          Lot's of S2's and RS2's runs with that oil here in Sweden and has nothing to complain about.
                          Motul esther based oil rocks!
                          Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
                          http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

• I have just been shown a test that the company called RoyalPurple did on several types of automotive oils (silkolene pro-S was not tested though) and found that most of them(motul,castrol etc) couldnt not get away with bearing damage after certain amount of pressure applied on the bearing whilst that being lubricated with the oil.

They ended up with their racing product PXR as being the one that had the biggest amount of pressure needed to be applied to be able to create any type of damage to the bearing,and ended up with practically no damage on it at all.

Now i know this is quite likely to be an advertising thing,however the shop i had my downpipe made in said they have started using them on race cars and have seen to have had a good effect.

Anyone evr tried them?

Comment

• Hello.Can you please tell me what oil is better for my 3B S2?

Modifications - chip (280hp)
                              Driving style - few drags every month,but relax driving daily.

I am using Aral BlueTronic 10w40 for one and a half year now.Should I change it?With what?Castrol RS 10w60?Or stick with Aral blueTronic 10w40?
                              Many thanks,
                              Costan.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                                I have just been shown a test that the company called RoyalPurple did on several types of automotive oils (silkolene pro-S was not tested though) and found that most of them(motul,castrol etc) couldnt not get away with bearing damage after certain amount of pressure applied on the bearing whilst that being lubricated with the oil.

They ended up with their racing product PXR as being the one that had the biggest amount of pressure needed to be applied to be able to create any type of damage to the bearing,and ended up with practically no damage on it at all.

Now i know this is quite likely to be an advertising thing,however the shop i had my downpipe made in said they have started using them on race cars and have seen to have had a good effect.

Anyone evr tried them?
                                We had some tested, resutls were not a promising as theur marketing blub makes out.

The test they use is the falex test, when it comes to engine oils take it with a very large pinch of salt.

Cheers

Guy

Comment

Working...
                                X