Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ....oh sorry LLK = Ladeluftkühler (in German) , it is the Intercooler.....

It's an k-typ wiresensor , put one with the pop off in the silicon hose before Ic and one before the throttle...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by th.b.w. View Post
      ....oh sorry LLK = Ladeluftkühler (in German) , it is the Intercooler.....

It's an k-typ wiresensor , put one with the pop off in the silicon hose before Ic and one before the throttle...
      I have done the same on mine
      Chef

Comment

• OK - I'm familiar with K-Typ. No problems - I just haven't seen an elegant way to install it in the hoses. I was thinking of some small metal pipe carrying the sensor - fitted in between two silicon hoses.

Do you have a pic of the method used to fit the K-Typ into the hose ?
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
          OK - I'm familiar with K-Typ. No problems - I just haven't seen an elegant way to install it in the hoses. I was thinking of some small metal pipe carrying the sensor - fitted in between two silicon hoses.

Do you have a pic of the method used to fit the K-Typ into the hose ?
          Yes sure, its much better with full hard pipe work turbo to TB but no reason why it cant be done on a Standard set up.

Use a gland like this

http://uk.farnell.com/labfacility/fc...e-ss/dp/254642

And then you have to buy the weld on flange of course or make your own
          Chef

Comment

• I think fitting such bungs to the intercooler is good - then you can measure its efficiency nicely - but it would also be nice to have them in the hoses in/out of IC - so that improvements from S2 to RS2 (or bigger) IC can be effectively measured.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• I inserted and then with the hose clamp tightened the line between the pipe and the silicone

Not good picture but you can see the little green/white wire that go to the throttlesiliconhose

you can make at each transition the silicone hoses
              Attached Files

Comment

• The efficiency of a LLk is computed as follows: Temp. Radiator entrance - temp cooler outlet/temp. Radiator entrance - external temp 130°C - 28°C/130°C - 10°C = 0,85 This value of 0,85 is very good! With the RS2 about so: 200°C - 58°C/200°C - 25°C = 0,81 In hold back-eat to his surface is also very good the small RS2 LLk with 0,81 In addition one must however still say that the RS2 LLk nearly whole in the wind lies, which large LLK to the half cover is there some more potential for possible new projects….

Comment

• Funny, this exact setup i have on my car, works really great, but i thought it wasent so good tho.
                  Havent got any problems with intake temp so maybe it´s ok then

Comment

• i must say that having those temps brought down are quite good,but it just goes to show of what a good quality intercooler can give with less dimentions.

mine is 500x300x65mm and on a 30C day gave me around 35C inlet temp on a 3d gear pull and 2bar overboost holding 1.5bar to the redline.So bigger is always better obviously,but good quality makes a difference! I bet that after the wagner inlet manifold thigns may get even better!

Comment

• Hi,
                      please look at you the temperatures in the 6.Gear with 250km/h! That means full load at least for 30 seconds! In the 3rd course the full load is only 5 seconds or like that…. It lasts also its time to itself the intercooler warmed up….

It is better then RS2 Intercooler .....

I would see gladly times the temperatures of Wagner IC...

Thomas
                      Last edited by th.b.w.; 18 April 2009, 06:57.

Comment

• thomas, unless i come to germany i cannot do that test for you. But i will gladly do it next march(if my wife lets me to go that fast!! hehe) since i will travel through germany to go back to greece.I can then tell you the temps.

Comment

• Okay,

see you next march ..........

Tell me when you go to Germany.

Thomas

Comment

• will do! going to go through holland/germany/switzerland/italy and then back here in the UK after a month(hopefully with 100 extra hp!!)

Comment

• Hi.
                              Can anyone help me decide what bigger IC to buy for my 3b?

What dimensions to have?
                              600x300x?? 76 or smaller?

If I go with 76 there won't be lag for turbo?
                              sigpic

Comment

• That size is fine. You shoulnt see any lag from using a bigger ic. It's only fractions of a second more to pressurerize a larger ic. I even had .1bar more top end after the install
                                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
                                X