This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smogthemog View Post
    Shurely it would have been better to join the two pipes together so the water flow continued rather that just bunging up the ends
    No not really, the two rads are in parallel so joining the end will put a short circuit across the main rad. When connected together the 2 rads will exchange water when one is cooler than the other, so the aux rad helps to cool the main rad when stationary because its out in cooler air. Some people have said the car cools better without the aux rad. mine has been out for a long time and we've had some hot weather, I've also done the 'Ring and a couple of trackdays.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Shurely it would have been better to join the two pipes together so the water flow continued rather that just bunging up the ends
      No! ******s up the flow of the main rad/engine.
      Rob..
      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
      87 UR 20v ABY
      97 S6 Avant
      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Oh I C

I stand corrected. Don't know much about these S2,s as of yet
        Jim B
        97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
          Good work there Mr Newsh. What was the issue with the alternator belt adjuster?
          Thanks Mr Drifter When I got the holes drilled and finally bolted the XM up tight it came back far enough to rest on the alternator adjuster locking bolt, a couple of large washers spaced it out far enough to miss though, it was only just touching .

I've just been out driving the car. I hammered the old wing out and put it back on along with the lights and stuff. It seems to go really well with more power at less boost if you see what I mean, I've only been letting it go to about 1 Bar (as I blew that short bit of hose off the first time out) but its really flying. I need to source a longer bit of 63mm hose for that so I can get 2 clips each side like all the other joints.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely not, you create a bypass for the hot water past the radiator.

Comment

• Poor Smog, he'ds really getting told off here

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• He he - I can take it

I will have to go back to S2 school
                Jim B
                97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Comment

He he - I can take it

I will have to go back to S2 school
                  You can start with the two day Aux Rad Removal Course.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Good work Newsh!

I have a monster I/C sitting at home that I quite fancy fitting at some point, but looking at this I think I *may* (read as definately) need some help doing it!

Comment

• Newshm hows the IC running? Have you noticed any big differences over the last couple of months?
                      91 S2 coupé - RIP
                      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2dude View Post
                        Agree with this.
                        Im no expert but I know this is not a good design in terms of pressure loss. Cant find the link ATM but there was a good article on IC designs and this type was not favoured at all due to the air having to do a complete U turn on entry/exit to the IC..
                        Hi s2dude,

if You could find to the article - it will be very usefull. I would like to get some knowledge about minuses on the U shape tube turns...

L.
                        Last edited by linelis; 8 February 2008, 13:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by linelis View Post
                          Hi s2dude,

if You could find to the article - it will be very usefull. I would like to get some knowledge about minuses on the U shape tube turns...

L.
                          Hi mate, he does not come here that often now afaik as he does not have an s2 now, you could try pm'ing him tho as I think he checks that.

cheers

Comment

• Hy,

here the measured values with XXL Ic 600X300X76 at the picture:

Outsidetemp. 10°C

............~...bar pressure.....out of charger.........before throttle
                            ..........................0,0..................40° C..........................12°C
                            ..........................1,0..................90° C..........................18°C
                            at 250km/h.........1,8.................130°C............... ..........28°C

This is ca. 8-10°C under the RS2 LLK measured values.

Whith RS2 Charger i have at 1,8bar round 200°C out of charger

Thomas
                            Attached Files

Comment

• 'RS2 LLK' - what does that mean ?

Can I ask what sensors you used for this and how you inserted them - on the body of intercooler or what ?
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• LLK is the german abbreviation for an Intercooler.

Comment

Working...
                                X