X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Hope you don't mind me cloging up your thread with all my ramblings Bo
    Still at least we'll end up with the "S2Bo X-Member Monster IC plumbing above and below methods" in the same thread

It was all going well again till this snub problem appeared.

I'm thinking of removing the front from a snub bracket and bolting another spigot to it in the correct place.
    Fair enough John, sounds like a plan. You gotta make it fit after all Good luck.
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Here we go

S2 Aircon and ur alternator bracket snubmounts, the ur one is shorter but the S2 Aircon one is much stonger.
      Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• Another
        Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• The solution, the spigot basically moves its own diameter down the line between the two bolts. These are bridged with a piece of seriously strong alloy bar. There is also the option to bridge all three bolt holes with a triangular plate and weld or bolt the spigot to that. I'll see how this works out first.
          Now just waiting for a few more bits of pipe to arrive..
          Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Nearly done, just a small issue with the alternator belt adjuster
            Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Looking superb mate
              Jim B
              97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• So close! Hope you mange to get it sorted with out to much trouble modding.

Your alternator must be sitting slightly higher than mine.. :S
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                  So close! Hope you mange to get it sorted with out to much trouble modding.

Your alternator must be sitting slightly higher than mine.. :S
                  Cheers chaps New belt might sort it, just fitted a couple of spacers for now so it clears

Unfortunately the battery is flat

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Did you know your BHP and Torque figures before you started this project?
                    Jim B
                    97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

Comment

• for all you guys with the aux rad taken off,what are the differences in engine temps in various situations?

Comment

• Originally posted by smogthemog View Post
                        Did you know your BHP and Torque figures before you started this project?
                        No, havent been on a dyno for a couple of years. It would have been nice to know, heat soak will be less anyway.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PapVas View Post
                          for all you guys with the aux rad taken off,what are the differences in engine temps in various situations?
                          I run without aux rad in Spain no real difference. never had a problem with over heating
                          Last edited by jade; 17 November 2007, 17:22.
                          RS 2 580HP

Comment

for all you guys with the aux rad taken off,what are the differences in engine temps in various situations?
                            It makes a big difference in traffic as the fan will cut in 2-3 times more often.

When on the open road there's no difference.

Comment

I wouldn't know about being stuck in traffic, but as Jamo says, when stationary the fan cuts in noticeably more often, but temperatures remain stable.
                              I guess you would know you are in trouble when the fan stays on and the temperature keeps rising.

You could always try running without the aux rad without removing it. Just take of both of the hoses running into it and bung them.
                              I used 22mm copper end caps in mine, placed with the top of the caps inside the hoses, so it looks like the hoses are open, which has caught a few people out.

Good work there Mr Newsh. What was the issue with the alternator belt adjuster?
                              SS

Comment

• Shurely it would have been better to join the two pipes together so the water flow continued rather that just bunging up the ends
                                Jim B

Comment

Working...
                                X