Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo, thanks for that pic, it helps to get another angle on it.

Yeah Jim, they are rubbish, I'd already decided to not use them. If the ally tubes are no good too, I've wasted some money

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• I found the ally tubes to be too soft and they just distorted when I did the clamps up and thus leaked

I did exactly the same mate, bought all my stuff off EBay then realised I had purchased stuff not up to the job

My first purchase is here: http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?...ghlight=#82020

My second fit up is here: http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?...wtopic&t=15234
      Jim B
      97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by smogthemog View Post
        I found the ally tubes to be too soft and they just distorted when I did the clamps up and thus leaked
        TBH I knew I was in trouble when I saw the stuff was made in China.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• John, your T piece is probably different to Bo's as your car is '92 and Bo's is '91. I'm guessing you have the 2-piece trim under the headlights, whereas Bo originally had the single piece that bolts to that T section.

I'll go back to doing other geek stuff now.
          SS

Comment

• Yep, you're right!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
              John, your T piece is probably different to Bo's as your car is '92 and Bo's is '91. I'm guessing you have the 2-piece trim under the headlights, whereas Bo originally had the single piece that bolts to that T section.

I'll go back to doing other geek stuff now.
              Sometimes you worry me stu you know things that people shouldn't know... - Its ok though, as long as no one asks you about paint codes..
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Or tyre sizes...

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Getting there now, I've had a couple of days of this and I can see why it takes a long time, I've had a couple of lucky breakthroughs though, the RS2 IC hose I've had for a while was cut to do the top section from the 90 bend to the 3B tube (blue and purple, eh? The bit left over ended up being perfect for going behind the X-Member when I realised my original plan wasn't going to work cos the headlight wouldn't fit.
                  Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Another
                    Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• I was knocked out by the fit of the bumper, perfect, with a few mm clearance above and below the IC but had forgotten I'd taken the rubber off the snub mount and it will not now fit.. So I've got some thinking to do, the X-member is actually a little low now and I've cut the flanges off to make it look nice, so I'm looking at shortening the snub bracket and spacing the X-member a little..
                      Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• I'm starting to lose my mind with this project, I've ovaled the holes in the XM and it will now fit over the Snub mount rubber, just, with a little trimming of the rubber, but now the XM is so high the bumper wont go on, basically it was at a perfect height before...

So my only solution (apart from major mods to the XM which will only weaken it) is to make or mod a snub bracket.. I have a plan developing..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Stick with it John. You're getting there.
                          As long as you can get the lower grilles back in at the end.
                          SS

Comment

• Wanted I5 snub mount bracket "for experimental purposes"

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Hope you get it to work john, What are you planning now? A different snub mount?
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Hope you don't mind me cloging up your thread with all my ramblings Bo
                                Still at least we'll end up with the "S2Bo X-Member Monster IC plumbing above and below methods" in the same thread

It was all going well again till this snub problem appeared.

I'm thinking of removing the front from a snub bracket and bolting another spigot to it in the correct place.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X