Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
    Looks excellent Dave.

You been washed away yet? Bit rough in your neck of the woods looking at the news.
    It has been rather wet. I was off fishing this morning but we had a bit more rain than I thought and the river is a bit too high
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Looks good! Need to do the same to my RS2.

Comment

• Looking good!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Trims look like new. Some great tips on items to tackle.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• I did the fuel pump relay mod today.
            The only difference from the very helpful guide on the forum is that I ran new cables all the way to the pump connector. I didn’t like the look of the plug and wanted new wire all the way.
            The plug

New connectors. I’ve use insulated female spades here with adhesive backed heat shrink.

The relay slots into one of the spare holes under the seat.

All wrapped up in new tessa and after double checking all my connections, car started to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Hi Dave, any more luck on the N75/MFTS/Boost issue?
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• It's been so wet here I haven't taken her out. Hopefully, this weekend I can do some test runs. I suspect a poor earth on the fuel pump plug may have been a contributor. If the pump wasn't able to keep up on boost, it would cause weak mixture and cut boost. The earth wire was damaged where it enters the plug. I will report back after some tests
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Took her out for a long drive. Still cutting boost after doing the fuel pump relay so stopped and pulled the MFTS. Made no difference. I have boost to about 1 bar, then cuts. Perhaps I need to do another boost leak test
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Yeah, I’ve chased my tail all day long with all manner of options. I’m thinking knock sensor now.
                    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Yeah, I’ve chased my tail all day long with all manner of options. I’m thinking knock sensor now.
                      I was thinking the same thing yesterday and looking them up online. I'm just wondering if VCDS can be run whilst driving and can you view any real time values to see what's happening?
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I was thinking the same thing yesterday and looking them up online. I'm just wondering if VCDS can be run whilst driving and can you view any real time values to see what's happening?
                        My (long!) process of elimination included power and continuity checks to N75 and MFTS (connected or disconnected), Swapped N75 and ECU (to an N300 vice MTM) put standard spring back in wastegate and vacuum checked for leaks, temporary replaced N75 with a turbosmart boost control (eventually ending up with it wound all the way out), removed air con belt. Car has full set of Roose boost hoses and a rebuilt turbo (last year). Throughout all of this it resolutely won’t go above 0.7 bar of boost in any combination.
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

My (long!) process of elimination included power and continuity checks to N75 and MFTS (connected or disconnected), Swapped N75 and ECU (to an N300 vice MTM) put standard spring back in wastegate and vacuum checked for leaks, temporary replaced N75 with a turbosmart boost control (eventually ending up with it wound all the way out), removed air con belt. Car has full set of Roose boost hoses and a rebuilt turbo (last year). Throughout all of this it resolutely won’t go above 0.7 bar of boost in any combination.
                          This is weird.
                          If you remove the N75 and fit a manual boost controller you should be able to turn the boost up. So there must be something physically wrong.
                          WG is very worn and opening itself by leaking through the valve guide.
                          You have a leak which blows above 0.7bar (but I’m sure you would hear that whooshing)
                          DV is broken or plumbed wrong.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

• These cars certainly keep us busy
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

This is weird.
                              If you remove the N75 and fit a manual boost controller you should be able to turn the boost up. So there must be something physically wrong.
                              WG is very worn and opening itself by leaking through the valve guide.
                              You have a leak which blows above 0.7bar (but I’m sure you would hear that whooshing)
                              DV is broken or plumbed wrong.
                              Interesting point John and something for me to investigate further. Genuine question, (because I really don’t know) is N75 the only way the ECU controls/reduces boost or can it control load through ignition timing and fuel?
                              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Interesting point John and something for me to investigate further. Genuine question, (because I really don’t know) is N75 the only way the ECU controls/reduces boost or can it control load through ignition timing and fuel?
                                Only through N75.
                                ECU modulates N75, reducing pressure applied to the bottom chamber of the wastegate.
                                In limp mode the N75 is left open to the wastegate which will open at spring pressure.
                                If you were to disconnect the hose from the WG (and plug it). The WG would stay closed and the car would overboost till the fuel is cut.

Have you checked that your ECU is seeing boost pressure? It’s been known for the boost/vac line from the inlet manifold to leak or be disconnected at the moisture trap under the carpet on the uk passenger side.
                                The small cotton covered vac lines at the back of the inlet manifold are usually leaky if still original.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X