New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    I hope to replace my bomb with a servo system. I’m on the look out for the parts.
    In the mean time, has anyone got a picture or plan on the return pipe from the top of the bomb back to the brake reservoir? It’s confusing on 7zap, shows it connects to another pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Error404 does the full upgrade kit to get rid of the bomb check it out might save you time looking for all the parts and he will give lots of good advice and help

Comment

• I appear to be missing this pipe.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I went to fit my fuel pipes.
        I made a mistake! One pipe nut is bigger than the other. I bought three all the same size. Luckily, I kept the old pipe and was able to cut the last 12” off and join to the new. Not happy about that but didn’t have room to replace the nut and re make the flare.

Where does this go? I can find a mount. I know it’s in the near side corner as I’ve found the electrical plug for it there.

All the headliner trim back together. Looks good (if you don’t look too hard for the wrinkles).

Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Metal bracket bolts to the diagonal piece in the corner. Then pull those three rubber thingies through the holes in the bracket.
          1989 Audi 80 Quattro
          1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by M2ki
            Metal bracket bolts to the diagonal piece in the corner. Then pull those three rubber thingies through the holes in the bracket.
            Thanks. I’m missing the bracket then.

Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I just went out to take some pics of the bomb/brake servo/steering rack return hose but realized that you have RHD and my car is LHD So probably pics of my car are no good to you. Happy to post them if you want them anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Antsa View Post
                I just went out to take some pics of the bomb/brake servo/steering rack return hose but realized that you have RHD and my car is LHD So probably pics of my car are no good to you. Happy to post them if you want them anyway
                Thanks very much for offering. Yes, they will be different. Unless anyone has a spare return hose they don't want, I think I will just do the servo conversion and make a simple return hose.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Just caught up reading this thread I have have to say Dave you are doing an amazing job re-assembling your S2, superb job bet you can't wait to get in and have a good drive!!

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonys2
                    Just caught up reading this thread I have have to say Dave you are doing an amazing job re-assembling your S2, superb job bet you can't wait to get in and have a good drive!!
                    Thank you. Glad you are enjoying. I appreciate your comments. Keeps me going.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Cleaned up and re greased the prop.

Started to re fit but I’m missing one tab if anyone has a spare. I’ve used new bolts.

Fitting the new spark plugs went well but not the torque setting. My plug socket got stuck in the head! Took a while to extract.
                      I wasn’t getting caught again so modified the socket!

Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Thanks very much for offering. Yes, they will be different. Unless anyone has a spare return hose they don't want, I think I will just do the servo conversion and make a simple return hose.

You're welcome I've been thinking to do the servo conversion myself at the same time with the big brakes. If I ever get to it.

It's been nice to follow your progress with the car, looks very good!

Comment

• My wife has been up to Scotland to visit her family. Whilst there, she collected some parts for me from Rizzono1 who is making one good RS2 from two.

I now have a very good carpet in black, some of the trim I was missing and exhaust middle and back box.

So, I have been very busy today.

Floor cleaned

Felt in

Ecu in

Carpet

And new felt ready for dash

My exhaust

It’s stainless original so should clean up nicely.

5am start tomorrow for three hour drive to ADI. Looking forward to meeting everyone and taking lots of reference pics!

Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I had a great time at ADI and took lots of reference pictures.

LSG kindly cleaned my injectors for me.

They were flow tested and all working well. They appear to be standard. I fitted new seals and after a bit of fiddling, they all fitted in well.

The above plate is VW camper spec. Hopefully it will fit on the prop shaft to replace the one I’m missing. £2.50 on flea bay. Also found the missing cam cover clip. It was in the back of my mates car!

I fabricated a bracket for the vac pump and it all fitted nicely. Working my way through the pipes, replacing with silicone and connecting up.

Where does this one go?

Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Prop shaft all fitted as are the heat shields. I’m just wondering if I should have weighed that plate? I hope it doesn’t effect the balance.

Dash in today

The speed nuts kept pushing off on one mounting so I taped it on.

I had put this in but had to take it all out again as I hadn’t put the clocks in!

The dashboard removal sticky links are all gone so I’m having to work it out step by step.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Forgot to say. Worked out where the thick vac pipe went (I hope) and Kit has a spare PAS return pipe which he is sending me.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X