No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only about £10 cheaper from Germany but rxl was getting parts from AT for me as well so made it worth while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tractor Dave;n2054006]Only about £10 cheaper from Germany but rxl was getting parts from AT for me as well so made it worth while.

If you can fix them John, that would save us all a lot of money. I've heard of four bad relays in the last few months alone!

Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• If John works out how to fix them, we should keep hold of our old ones! I have about 3 I think. Just ordered mine from TPS... Fingers crossed!

I have a thread from last year regarding the issue so will update that when I fit it.

Comment

• I ordered a new grommet on eBay. It turned up today and I was surprised to find it was an Audi part. Only £1.99 delivered!

All fitted and now no more leaks.

Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I have a new toy! Thanks to Vidar.

My car is finally off for paint next week so I won’t be fitting it for a while.

Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It’s been a frustrating few months. I reached a stage where I had done everything I could until the car was painted. I was booked in at the paint shop well in advance. I was promised a slot in January, then March, then early April. I have been down to see the guy a couple of times and his work is good and he seems keen to do the car but doesn’t seem to want to do it very quickly! After he promised to ring me last week and failed to once again, I decided to cut my losses and go elsewhere.
              So, I found another guy that was highly recommended. I went to see him and his work is exceptional. Unfortunately, he is pretty much fully booked for the next three months. However, he did agree to take my new wings and respray them for me so I can get going.
              The plan now will be to get the car together and mot’d and enjoy driving it this summer, then take it off the road in the autumn for the respray.

My sill extensions were looking a bit rough. I took advantage of the nice weather and re sprayed them with satin plastic paint.

Before

After

I had some nasty stone chips around the windscreen that had started to rust.
              I wanted to stop them getting any worse so cleaned them down to bare metal, primed, painted and lacquer them using an artists brush. The end result looks horrible, but won’t rust anymore!

Last edited by Tractor Dave; 22 April 2019, 20:11.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Fair play!! Good idea to make some use of all that hard work

Comment

• Yeh right. The summer doesn’t last too long in the UK so I want to make the most of it!
                  The paint on the bonnet was rough with lots of light scratches and marks. I spend a while with the electric mop and it came out not too bad.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Looking good. Sooo as its going to be driven this summer, are you going to make the scotland trip Anthony is organising??

Comment

• Originally posted by tango123 View Post
                      Looking good. Sooo as its going to be driven this summer, are you going to make the scotland trip Anthony is organising??
                      I don't think so. We have to make our hay in the summer and that's when it's normally done. If I can get it done early, who knows. Having a small holding always ****'s up your summer!
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Sorry to hear of the woes with the painters.
                        On the bright side, does this mean we can have a new video of the newly rebuilt engine?
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tractor Dave;n2054008]
                          Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                          Only about £10 cheaper from Germany but rxl was getting parts from AT for me as well so made it worth while.

If you can fix them John, that would save us all a lot of money. I've heard of four bad relays in the last few months alone!
                          Have a search in the forum, there is a thread about after-run faults - I have repaired a few of the modules, there is a component inside which burns out. I forget what it is (diode IIRC). The components are pence and it’s a fairly easy fix if you are handy with a soldering iron.

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                            Sorry to hear of the woes with the painters.
                            On the bright side, does this mean we can have a new video of the newly rebuilt engine?
                            As soon as its on the road, I promise
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• [QUOTE=Error404;n2058450]
                              Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Have a search in the forum, there is a thread about after-run faults - I have repaired a few of the modules, there is a component inside which burns out. I forget what it is (diode IIRC). The components are pence and it’s a fairly easy fix if you are handy with a soldering iron.

I haven't chucked the old one
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

As soon as its on the road, I promise
                                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                                94 2.6 80 Avant