No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes it’s the pump I had the ignition on while I was changing bulbs in the rear and it was going until I turned off ignition the wire only took me half hour to sort and I needed the car for work and it was a Sunday But I’d rather do it the way you have. So all I need is a relay with an in line fuse built in?

Comment

• Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
      Yes it’s the pump I had the ignition on while I was changing bulbs in the rear and it was going until I turned off ignition the wire only took me half hour to sort and I needed the car for work and it was a Sunday But I’d rather do it the way you have. So all I need is a relay with an in line fuse built in?
      Yes, and the connects for the battery, heat shrink, wire and crimp connectors. Use the old feed as the trigger on the relay.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post

It'll run for a couple of seconds when you turn the key to ignition, then cut out.
        I didn't think our fuel pump primed on the ignition. My old golf gti did. I might be wrong
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Well, it does for me....

Comment

Well, it does for me....
            Taken from Urs4 boys car won't start guide.

4.3 - b) Fuel - Fuel At the Injectors: The ECU only activates the fuel pump via the J17 Fuel Pump Relay when it thinks the engine is spinning faster than ~13rpm based on a signal from the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. - This is primarily a safety feature that will shut off the fuel pump in a serious accident. Unfortunately, this safety feature also means that a weak battery that is unable to spin the engine during starting to more than 13 RPM will result in a non-start. Charging or replacing the battery can be the quick and dirty solution.​​​​​​
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

It'll run for a couple of seconds when you turn the key to ignition, then cut out.
              That's the after run coolant pump, the fuel pump will only run once the engine is cranked.
              sigpic
              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                If you are visiting Wales I'm happy to do it for you while you polish my car
                You may have to wait, my S2 will be off the road for the next month or two while it has the brakes / door card / head gasket / Turbo etc reconditioned and replaced...
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post

That's the after run coolant pump, the fuel pump will only run once the engine is cranked.
                  Really? What would be the reasom behind running the coolant pump for a few seconds when cold? My car also primes the fuel pump with ign on like bowie69's but it does not run properly until the engine is cranking over. The purpose of the priming seconds is to build fuel pressure before you try and start and therefore its ready and able to actually start when you want it to rather than churning over while building pressure.

Comment

• Yup, precisely, I don't know of an EFI car that doesn't do this.

Comment

• Last few drives out before she is tucked up for the winter.

She is going so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Really pleased for you Dave, well done bud.

You can tuck it up safe in the knowledge it’ll be “on point” in the spring.

I will be doing the same with the Ur and the Rallyrep soon but the S2 will get used throughout the winter. (Not that it’ll be doing much now I’m working from home pretty much permanently).
                        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                          Last few drives out before she is tucked up for the winter.
                          Looking nice, will it get the rear screen trim corner piece painted then?!

Comment

• No, it's fine as is
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• she's looking good

Comment

• Cheers guys
                                Nothelle S2 Avant