No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, they make a difference!!! Slightly quicker spool, slightly improved top end, amazing noise improvement with a Miltek!

I always swap back to my bypass pipes after an MOT....

Enjoy!
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• And the Becker sprang back to normal all by itself. I think it was the connectors on the removable front panel which I cleaned.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
        Oh, they make a difference!!! Slightly quicker spool, slightly improved top end, amazing noise improvement with a Miltek!

I always swap back to my bypass pipes after an MOT....

Enjoy!
        Can't wait to go for a spin
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It'll sound much nicer.
          But if the turbo seals are weak you'll notice the smoke a lot more

Comment

• I haven't noticed any change in sound but she sure feels more eager
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Why is one of the bolts different from the rest ?
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• It's just what I russled up from my bolts box. Not pretty but works
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
                  It'll sound much nicer.
                  But if the turbo seals are weak you'll notice the smoke a lot more
                  Interesting comment Sal. (Hi bud, by the way), and your right, the exhaust will certainly make it more sustainable to smoking.

Quite a few years ago (10 probably) we put a 3” single box, downpipe back Milltek on our S2 and it immediately got the ‘Blau’ vapours at hot idle and traffic jam type driving. On and off I’ve wrestled with the issue and we changed the turbo about three years ago to no avail so started using 10w60 oil and got a marked improvement. In late January it was serviced having only done about 1500 miles during the madness of lockdowns. Once the school runs started again in March it got a bit more use, but all town stop start and the vapours were back. Checking the service items it turns out it was 10w40 put in there. So, this week I’ve cleaned out the crankcase ventilation again and changed the boost pressure control valve, drained the sump and gone for 10w60 again. Today, took it for a 20-odd mile run and then left it idling on the driveway for best part of 15 minutes. Nothing, no smoke idling or after short, light blips of the throttle or when the fan cut in.

In their old age, they really are sensitive 5-pot souls to oil, back pressure and crankcase ventilation.
                  85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                  93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• Not noticed any smoke at all but it did smell a bit more rich when cold.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• These are must have, prices are so high, that *******s will steal all the cats they can get.
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• I have had an annoying coolant leak for some time. Nothing major but a few good drips each night. I decided it was probably the short hose to the thermostat. This hose wasn't available when I did my 're build but now it is.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• This is the little hose. £11 including postage.

I thought fitting would be tight but possible with the pas pump lifted out of the way. Unfortunately, not.

Here we are half way through major open heart surgery.

So I get in there and I am able to check properly. This hose is dry.
                          The leak is from the thermostat housing or the small turbo return hose.
                          Thermostat has only been in there a couple of years but looks mucky.

So I have ordered a new one and will be getting the other small hose as well.
                          I don’t fancy doing this again for a while so I’m just going to replace everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Horribly tight down there, you are right to pull it all apart TBH.... just laziness gets in my way of doing so when I do it!

Comment

• No easy way in there! Quicker to do what you’ve done than to struggle with rad and cowlings in the way..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                                No easy way in there! Quicker to do what you’ve done than to struggle with rad and cowlings in the way..
                                that's what I thought.

looks like I'm going to have to buy 1.5 meters of the thinner hose from Audi. If anyone is thinking of doing their turbo return hose, short lengths will be available from Dave's garage for a reasonable price soon
                                Last edited by Tractor Dave; 21 July 2021, 17:49.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X