Clear All

• Wow stunning car The insulation was a nice touch
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
      Wow stunning car The insulation was a nice touch
      Thank you, there is some hours behind and more to come

Comment

• Im starting my s2 3b project soon. good to get some inspiration. Interior in my car is a mess.. Looking forward to try fixing it haha.
        https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

• Looking good mate ! Did the the s2 coupe also have hood insulation looks like a sweet detail to have if anyone have PN please write to me
          Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

• Yes, the S2 also has it.
            I renewed it on mine after some mice came to make nest in it.
            Got it from AT as well. It was a funny package to collect at the local tobacco store.

Don't have the part number on hand.
            Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
            http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

• AC filling/repair was succesfull. The car held vacuum for 4 days, so the system is tight, atleast with vacuum. Drove to my old collegue that used to work with refigeration systems and vacuumed some more and then filled the system. According to the plate, the system should hold 750gr +-50gram of refrigerant R134a, we could only fill about 500gr even though we heated the refrigerant bottle and had vacuum in the system.. But atleast it is working. Strange thing is that the regulation from the climatronic panel is a little funky. When i use the windshield button i get more cold out of the vents than if i run it on auto. Maybe something to do with the flaps inside the ventilation? Will look in to it deeper later on, but now i have a cold inside and i'm happy with that. Sun is shining in Sweden and the car takes a sun bath. Tomorrow we will take a longer tripp some were and have lunch and iscream !

45764-b79cb7fcbe910067509cb5afdd89ef06.jpg 45764-bfb677cd1d9bdc127a89d0709f6e2d95.jpg 45764-06b92496c3675b7af16b0e8e7a92e229.jpg

Comment

• Nice work. She is looking really good
                It's probably the foam on the flaps breaking down.
                Not a pleasant job. Dash out I'm afraid
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                  Nice work. She is looking really good
                  It's probably the foam on the flaps breaking down.
                  Not a pleasant job. Dash out I'm afraid
                  Yeah, noticed that some people had problems getting heat from the heat exchanger. So why not the same with the cold? That sounds like a boring winter project..

Comment

• About a week ago i was out for a drive when suddenly the charge light for the generator light up in my face. Voltage meter in the center console always was a little up and down, but i thought it was some problem with the gauge. This time the voltage just dropped lower and lower until i had to stop the car..
                    Dismantled the generator and left it to a electric shop. They told med that the "diod bridge" was shot. The price for refurbish was the same as for a new so i let them order a new one for me (I thought it was hard to find new replacement generators). This is same spec as original (120A).
                    Today i changed the generator, fitted just like original. Immediately the volt meter showed a stabil 13-13,5V with lights and full AC etc. What a difference it made. Fan for heat/cool the inside was much stronger, now the AC really feels good inside..

Old vs New generator, just had to change the pulley.
                    45764-8bb3afb445f69c026c5d2646468aa095.jpg
                    New generator fitted, well it's not painted like the old one, but hardly no one sees it anyway. (and i didn't want to dissassemble just to paint it).
                    45764-b7e59894b566d967acbe018624af1bf2.jpg
                    Waiting for good weather then we will take it for a long tripp

Comment

• Any idea of the manufacturer of the new alternator? I just recently rebuild mine and also thought that the 120A version is hard to find.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antsa View Post
                        Any idea of the manufacturer of the new alternator? I just recently rebuild mine and also thought that the 120A version is hard to find.
                        No I couldn't tell the manufacture. Only the numbers on the first picture.
                        90-620-4120
                        5112 181115

Comment

• I bought a 120A alternator for AAN on german ebay for ~140€ incl shipping to Sweden a couple of years ago.
                          It came as a Bosch refurbished item.
                          All local resellers wanted ~7-800€ so it was a good deal.

Just like s0_big I just swapped the pulley to ABY and the back cover.
                          Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
                          http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

• Originally posted by k.alle View Post
                            I bought a 120A alternator for AAN on german ebay for ~140€ incl shipping to Sweden a couple of years ago.
                            It came as a Bosch refurbished item.
                            All local resellers wanted ~7-800€ so it was a good deal.

Just like s0_big I just swapped the pulley to ABY and the back cover.
                            I didn't check so much online, i thought the risk of getting wrong parts was to big. I paid 250€ and the company ordered the generator for me.
                            My name is André :-) Any one know if i can change forum name some how?

Comment

• Took the car for a little test drive today, 100km first in sunshine (as the weather service said) and then heavy rain.. The Swedish weather service people is always predicting the weather wrong! Most often when i have a freshly washed car
                              But anyways the car drove fine and the voltage meter was between 13-14v, so now i think i can forget about that problem!
                              A picture from pit stop with ice cream!
                              45764-8a630f11c5af62ab9c3f5747407ea7cc.jpg
                              Last edited by s0_big; 30 June 2020, 12:59.

Comment

• Right/wrong? I think it's a nice touch
                                45764-554e919d961a4c6b40fa166ee36dbf00.jpg
                                Last edited by s0_big; 2 July 2020, 22:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X