No announcement yet.

struikie - Audi 80 B4 quattro project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would rather make a new engine harness from scratch. Sometimes is much easier than modifying the stock engine harness. I am going with new custom wiring as well. In an old stock harness, there could be some potential failure of wire/pin/etc and it's a pita to find it.
    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Got some pictures of the seats. They aren't refurbished, but in good original condiction.

Does need a new arm rest.

JW
      | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
      | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
        I would rather make a new engine harness from scratch. Sometimes is much easier than modifying the stock engine harness. I am going with new custom wiring as well. In an old stock harness, there could be some potential failure of wire/pin/etc and it's a pita to find it.
        I agree, but now at least I have a lot of the connectors needed.

JW

Comment

• Picked the seats up today.
          They were being sold by the owner of https://www.oldtimer-textiles.de/ . He bought them
          to put in his cabriolet but never came around to doing that.
          When we arrived we first had to have a coffee, a cookie and a chat. After that we (I was with my brother)
          got a tour of the warehouse. There was a huge stock of car industry textile and leather, including all Audi fabrics.
          He also showed us a lot of car seat foam inserts! If he doesn't have it he can make it. This might be a good alternative
          for fabrics to Audi Tradition.
          Then we got to the seats and they were in really nice used condition, so I decided to take them home.
          The armrest is toast, already busy sourcing another one. The sides of the driver seat might need some
          new fabric in the future.
          After we loaded up the car we even got some warm Turkish pizza for the drive home!
          When we got home I texted him we liked the pizza's and he replied that if we were hungry
          again we were welcome to stop by
          It's fun to go somewhere and meet good people this way!

JW

Comment

• Thanks for the link as I need some fabric for my new Ur project
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by struikie View Post

I agree, but now at least I have a lot of the connectors needed.

JW
              I was thinking the same, but after I started depinning the old connectors, they were so brittle, so almost 2/3 connectors can't be used anyway

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Nice!
                I widened them by 8mm because the S-type disc is 15mm and the S4 disc is 22mm.

JW
                Hello, your progress with the car is really amazing. I have a question for small brembo handbrake calipers from Jaguar. I have the same ones. Do you have more photos how much mm you cut the pins? I know so the 4.2 S-Type R Jaguar have rear break discs, which are 20mm, you widened your calipers with 8mm which makes 28mm brembo discs. But R8 Genuine calipers are for 28/30mm discs. If I widen it by 10mm, the caliper will be for a 28-30mm disc and i don't have to trim the pins for the Audi R8. Sry for my bad English..

Comment

• Originally posted by mr1337 View Post

Hello, your progress with the car is really amazing. I have a question for small brembo handbrake calipers from Jaguar. I have the same ones. Do you have more photos how much mm you cut the pins? I know so the 4.2 S-Type R Jaguar have rear break discs, which are 20mm, you widened your calipers with 8mm which makes 28mm brembo discs. But R8 Genuine calipers are for 28/30mm discs. If I widen it by 10mm, the caliper will be for a 28-30mm disc and i don't have to trim the pins for the Audi R8. Sry for my bad English..
                  I have no measurements of the pins. I just cut them to the length needed
                  The 22mm S4 discs have a lot of room in the caliper with new pads installed (including the extra 8mm).
                  It looked like they didn't even need to be widened at all. This might be due to the fact that
                  they are (also) suited for 20mm discs (and not the 15mm I thought) so the 22mm S4 discs would fit the standard caliper.

JW

Last edited by struikie; 12 January 2024, 12:35.

Comment

I have no measurements of the pins. I just cut them to the length needed
                    The 22mm S4 discs have a lot of room in the caliper with new pads installed (including the extra 8mm).
                    It looked like they didn't even to need to be widened at all. This might be due to the fact that
                    they are (also) suited for 20mm discs (and not the 15mm I thought) so the 22mm S4 discs would fit the standard caliper.

JW

Ahh this information it helped me a lot.. Thanks you again, I am going to follow your project. Do you have instagram profile?

Comment

• I have no instagram account for the 80
                      All info will be available here.

JW

Comment

• Clean seats!
                        Used Labo Cosmetica Glico fabric cleaner and an extractor. The water in the extractor was like chocolate milk
                        Didn't expect that!

JW

Comment

• Nice project!
                          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                          High Octane website

Comment

• I like this project.
                            All the best.
                            Peter

Comment

• Got some special pliers for the fixtures inside the seats.

Stock C4 seats are 575mm wide.

Shortened the outside guide to get to the 535mm B4 width.

Now needs to be welded back together. Luckily I have a friend that has a company
                              that makes/ builds aluminum parts for boats.

Swapped the front feet between the left and right seat to have the offset go the
                              other side. Otherwise the feet would be way off.

JW
                              Last edited by struikie; 10 February 2024, 14:45.

Comment

• Modified the drivers seat harness to remove the memory module.
                                Now both the seat have the same style harness. Keeping it simple.

Temporary taped up to test functionality.

Soldered, shrink wrapped the connections and cloth taped.

JW

Comment

Working...
                                X