No announcement yet.

struikie - Audi 80 B4 quattro project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you are going to struggle to find oe subframe bushes. You might get lucky and find some nos stuff. Good luck
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• When I was looking for them I think Febi was the only make I could find.

Comment

• I've used Superflex for subframe bushes on the S2 and Ur, easy to fit and just as quiet as standard.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• Good to hear. As an alternative to OEM, Lemforder or Febi is was looking at this set from Verkline for both the front and rear subframes.
          https://verkline.com/shop/all-parts/...di-b4-m12-red/

And this one for the front diff support.
          https://verkline.com/shop/all-parts/...-b4-b5-street/

JW
          | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
          | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

• Slowly gathering stuff...

JW

Comment

• Oeff it's been too long!
              Way too busy with other stuff (work, house, daily driver), but I have been collecting
              stuff for the drive train reconditioning. Will post some pictures of the parts next week.
              Plan is to start working on the 80 beginning of February.

With the future engine upgrades in mind some questions arise:
              - when tank off the car, upgrade the fuel pump - walbro 450 + billet adapter I think?
              - any option to replace the fuel filter for a better part/ easier maintenance?
              - replace and upgrade fuel lines under the car - with what to sustain 500+ bhp - what material?

Another question:
              Has anyone sealed the doors behind the door panels to have less moisture transfer
              from the inside of the door to the cabin?

JW
              Last edited by struikie; 19 December 2023, 21:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by struikie View Post
                Slowly gathering stuff...

JW
                Hi struikie where did you get the small exterior trims from please have you got the p/n for them, I’ve swapped my v6 trims for the skinny trims like yours but couldn’t find the p/n to the smaller trims regards Michael

Comment

• Also interested to know about the lower trim, take it they are rs2

Comment

• Part numbers are here: https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...56#post2130456

Got the door trims from Autewo, but I don't think they sell them anymore.
                    The small rear trims I got from the German Kleinanzeigen through a private seller.
                    The small front trims I couldn't find anywhere so I bought reproduction ones from https://www.fs-construction.de/produ...uenne-version/

JW

Comment

• Originally posted by struikie View Post
                      Part numbers are here: https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...56#post2130456

Got the door trims from Autewo, but I don't think they sell them anymore.
                      The small rear trims I got from the German Kleinanzeigen through a private seller.
                      The small front trims I couldn't find anywhere so I bought reproduction ones from https://www.fs-construction.de/produ...uenne-version/

JW
                      I thought so,do the trims from fs- construction fit good I know there plastic.

Comment

• I haven't tested the fit and it will probably take a couple of years before I end up
                        having the car repainted and the trim fitted.

JW

Comment

• Collected parts for the suspension overhaul, the gearbox mounts and the door trims + lower lip.
                          Rear anti roll bar is the RS2 version + reinforcement.

KW V3.

And the stuff in the box that I found when I was putting all the other stuff back

JW
                          Last edited by struikie; 29 December 2023, 20:03.

Comment

• Glad to see you're back at it. Looking forward to seeing those new suspension bits go on.
                            2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
                            1991 Audi CQ - Project
                            1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

• Bought a set of electric 100 C4 Recaro's in bad shape. They will be sent to me.

And a set of manual 100 C4 Recaro's with the correct fabric for my car. Picking these up in Germany this weekend.

Plan is to modify the electric ones to fit the car and swap the seats over after that.

JW

Comment

• Some more pieces of the future VR6 puzzle arrived.
                                Early TDI throttle position sensor to connect the gas pedal cable and original cruise to.

Phaeton 3.2 starter motor. This will bolt up to the gearbox adapter plate.

Phaeton 3.2 engine wire loom as a base for the EMU black I plan on running when I convert to turbo.

JW

Comment

Working...
                                X